PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Catchphrases anyone?

bunnykilla
April 19th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Hi Guys

I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
i'm not a fisherman :)

Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?

Phil

Peter A. Collin
April 19th, 2005, 11:30 PM
bunnykilla wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
> i'm not a fisherman :)
>
> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>
> Phil
Tight Lines
You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
The Big One got Away
Not all fishermen are liars, but a lot of liars fish
Limited out
Hosed 'em
Slayed 'em

bunnykilla
April 19th, 2005, 11:43 PM
Peter A. Collin wrote:
> bunnykilla wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
>> i'm not a fisherman :)
>>
>> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>>
>> Phil
>
> Tight Lines
> You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
> The Big One got Away
> Not all fishermen are liars, but a lot of liars fish
> Limited out
> Hosed 'em
> Slayed 'em

Cheers Peter,

Phil

GaryM
April 19th, 2005, 11:50 PM
"Peter A. Collin" > wrote in
:

> Tight Lines
> You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
> The Big One got Away
> Not all fishermen are liars, but a lot of liars fish
> Limited out
> Hosed 'em
> Slayed 'em

Flossed 'em.

Skwala
April 20th, 2005, 12:57 AM
"Peter A. Collin" > wrote in message
> bunnykilla wrote:
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
>> i'm not a fisherman :)
>>
>> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>>
>> Phil
> Tight Lines
> You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
> The Big One got Away
> Not all fishermen are liars, but a lot of liars fish
> Limited out
> Hosed 'em
> Slayed 'em

Either the poster is an optimist, or he's never been "skunked."

bearsbuddy
April 20th, 2005, 12:57 AM
"bunnykilla" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Hi Guys
>
> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because i'm
> not a fisherman :)
>
> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>
> Phil

Fortenberryism: He took it hook, line, and sinker.

Reidism: Man overboard!

Opieism: I got skunked.

A bad day fishin' beats any day at work.

Wife wanted: need not know how to cook, clean or change diapers, but must
possess flyfishing gear. Send picture of rods and reels!

Honey hole or secret fishin' spot.

You say you're gonna fish one of Walt's Yellow Humpys? Sure, I'll be your
fishin' partner!

Mark

Wayne Knight
April 20th, 2005, 01:27 AM
"Skwala" > wrote in message

> Either the poster is an optimist, or he's never been "skunked."

That's why they call it fishing, not catching

Peter A. Collin
April 20th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Skwala wrote:

> "Peter A. Collin" > wrote in message
>
>>bunnykilla wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Guys
>>>
>>>I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
>>>i'm not a fisherman :)
>>>
>>>Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>>>
>>>Phil
>>
>>Tight Lines
>>You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
>>The Big One got Away
>>Not all fishermen are liars, but a lot of liars fish
>>Limited out
>>Hosed 'em
>>Slayed 'em
>

> Either the poster is an optimist, or he's never been "skunked."

He had me into the backing
I am in over my waders
They were sipping emergers
I had an inspection and a refusal
I had a long distance release
Caught so many my arm got tired
Ripped some Lip
Robbed my hook
The bobber went under
GET THE NET!
Lip landing
Banging the banks
Pounding them up
catch and releaase
matching the hatch
A fisherman is a jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other
Early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, make up lies
It's a hawg!
It's a bigun!
Thisun's a Toad! (heard that on TV and almost lost it)
Honey hole
hammer handle
dinks
shorts
I got two that were legal
I got a six incher and some small ones
Got him on a garden hackle
Bucket Squatter

bearsbuddy
April 20th, 2005, 03:00 AM
"Peter A. Collin" > wrote in message

It's smokin' the drag on the free line!

Mark

Frank Church
April 20th, 2005, 12:18 PM
bunnykilla > wrote in news:LYe9e.15793$G8.12369
@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

> Hi Guys
>
> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
> i'm not a fisherman :)
>
> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>
> Phil

....is that a carp in your waders or are you just glad to see me?

fc

lou t
April 20th, 2005, 12:28 PM
The water's too hot.
The water's too cold.
It's too sunny.
It's not sunny enough.
You should have been here yesterday.
You should have been here tomorrow.
Pee before you put on your waders.
You can't catch fish with your fly out of the water.
Should have used a smaller fly.
Should have used a larger fly.

Frank Reid
April 20th, 2005, 06:01 PM
> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?

From a fly pattern:
Wrap three times around the butt and whip it.

--
Frank Reid
Euthenize to respond

Wayne Knight
April 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM
lou t wrote:

> Pee before you put on your waders.

Hoffman is marketing a new wader which makes this one moot.

Mark Tinsky
April 20th, 2005, 06:55 PM
My favorites are
Hit it fat
and
Rub some dirt on it.
Tho those are germaine to golf and basball. But still good ones

MT

Jamaro
April 20th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Google it
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=fishing+sayings&meta=

regards
Jamaro

"bunnykilla" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Hi Guys
>
> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
> i'm not a fisherman :)
>
> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>
> Phil

Eric
April 20th, 2005, 10:54 PM
keep your dynamite dry

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:43:07 GMT, bunnykilla >
wrote:

>Peter A. Collin wrote:
>> bunnykilla wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys
>>>
>>> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
>>> i'm not a fisherman :)
>>>
>>> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>>>
>>> Phil
>>
>> Tight Lines
>> You Should Have Been Here Yesterday
>> The Big One got Away
>> Not all fishermen are liars, but a lot of liars fish
>> Limited out
>> Hosed 'em
>> Slayed 'em
>
>Cheers Peter,
>
>Phil

daytripper
April 20th, 2005, 11:26 PM
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:18:46 GMT, Frank Church
> wrote:

>bunnykilla > wrote in news:LYe9e.15793$G8.12369
:

>> Hi Guys
>>
>> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
>> i'm not a fisherman :)
>>
>> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>>
>> Phil
>
>...is that a carp in your waders or are you just glad to see me?
>
>fc

I still like "nobody fishes there any more 'cuz it's too crowded!"

Gene Cottrell
April 21st, 2005, 01:37 AM
"bunnykilla" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Hi Guys
>
> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
> i'm not a fisherman :)
>
> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>
> Phil

"Never trust a man who doesn't have too many fly rods."

April 21st, 2005, 05:28 AM
The fish are allways on the other side of the river (lake, creek).
Quicker than a Gar can skin a minner.

joshblair
April 21st, 2005, 08:41 AM
LDR (long distance release)
Do these waders make my butt look big?
Hey, put sumt'in orange on!
These #32 royal coachmen flies keep hooking worms. (Patrick McManus I
think)
They were pounding dries
Tried to match the hatch
Couldn't buy a fish
Tried everything in my box
They're taking LGF's (little green f*ckers) (John M., Fort Smith)

JB

bunnykilla
April 21st, 2005, 11:59 AM
I want to thank all you guys who have replied, you've gave me some good
stuff to work with and save me hours trawling the net looking at fishing
sites.

Cheers guys, very helpful :)

Phil

Ed Gildone
April 21st, 2005, 01:34 PM
"bunnykilla" > wrote in message
. uk...

> I want to thank all you guys who have replied, you've gave me some good
> stuff to work with and save me hours trawling the net looking at fishing
> sites.
>
> Cheers guys, very helpful :)
>
> Phil

Here's one I didn't see listed:

How do you tell if a fisherman is lying? His lips are moving!

Ed

Roddytoo
April 21st, 2005, 08:33 PM
Old fishermen never die, they only smell that way.

"bunnykilla" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Hi Guys
>
> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because i'm
> not a fisherman :)
>
> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>
> Phil

Roddytoo
April 21st, 2005, 08:34 PM
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office.

"bunnykilla" > wrote in message
. uk...
> Hi Guys
>
> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because i'm
> not a fisherman :)
>
> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>
> Phil

tony weall
May 30th, 2005, 02:03 PM
"Roddytoo" > wrote in message
>A bad day fishing is better than a good day at the office.
>
> "bunnykilla" > wrote in message
> . uk...
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> I need to compile a list of fishing slogans but don't know any because
>> i'm not a fisherman :)
>>
>> Anyone got any suggestions or good one liners?
>>
>> Phil

gettin any
he was 10 inches between the eyes
mr speckles