PDA

View Full Version : An afternoon in the desert - Trout

Bob La Londe
December 15th, 2003, 02:45 AM
After not making the WON Bass tourney yesterday because Gilbert couldn't
make it I just wasn't gungho to get out on the water, but I did want to do
some fishing.

Patty and Robert headed off to Phoenix to do some Christmas shopping. That
left Simone and I to figure out how to amuse ourselves. We headed off to
Mittry Lake because i had heard there some huge bluegills being caught from
the bank.. No such luck. Not a single bite.

While we were playing around one of the BLM guys stopped by and he said that
Fortuna Pond wasn't all that crowded. Even after last weeks dump of stocker
rainbows in the pond.

We headed out there to see if we could bag some dinner. The limit is only 4
and 2 for under age anglers so the six we caughht were a limit.

Guess what we are having for dinner.

Just put some great new pictures on the photos page.
http://www.YumaBassMan.com/photos.html

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

David H. Lipman
December 15th, 2003, 03:49 AM
Bob:

When I first checked out your site I thought is was OK and well done.

I just checked your site and now, I think it sucks. It wanted to install some crap on my
PC, wanted to change my home page to WebSearch and provided a bunch of BS pop-ups.

Sorry Bob, I'll deep-86 your URL.

Dave

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
| After not making the WON Bass tourney yesterday because Gilbert couldn't
| make it I just wasn't gungho to get out on the water, but I did want to do
| some fishing.
|
| Patty and Robert headed off to Phoenix to do some Christmas shopping. That
| left Simone and I to figure out how to amuse ourselves. We headed off to
| Mittry Lake because i had heard there some huge bluegills being caught from
| the bank.. No such luck. Not a single bite.
|
| While we were playing around one of the BLM guys stopped by and he said that
| Fortuna Pond wasn't all that crowded. Even after last weeks dump of stocker
| rainbows in the pond.
|
| We headed out there to see if we could bag some dinner. The limit is only 4
| and 2 for under age anglers so the six we caughht were a limit.
|
| Guess what we are having for dinner.
|
| Just put some great new pictures on the photos page.
| http://www.YumaBassMan.com/photos.html
|
| --
| Bob La Londe
| Yuma, Az
| http://www.YumaBassMan.com
| Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
| Simply add it to our index page.
| No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

Bob La Londe
December 15th, 2003, 05:14 AM
Those are thanks to the hosts inline ads. I complained once before and they
changed the ads.... sadly it is not a commercial site so I can't really
justify the cost of going with ad-free hosting.

I may move it to 4t or one of the other free hosts who have less agressive
advertisments.

"David H. Lipman" > wrote in message
> Bob:
>
> When I first checked out your site I thought is was OK and well done.
>
> I just checked your site and now, I think it sucks. It wanted to install
some crap on my
> PC, wanted to change my home page to WebSearch and provided a bunch of BS
pop-ups.

> Sorry Bob, I'll deep-86 your URL.
>
> Dave
>

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> | After not making the WON Bass tourney yesterday because Gilbert couldn't
> | make it I just wasn't gungho to get out on the water, but I did want to
do
> | some fishing.
> |
> | Patty and Robert headed off to Phoenix to do some Christmas shopping.
That
> | left Simone and I to figure out how to amuse ourselves. We headed off
> | Mittry Lake because i had heard there some huge bluegills being caught
from
> | the bank.. No such luck. Not a single bite.
> |
> | While we were playing around one of the BLM guys stopped by and he said
that
> | Fortuna Pond wasn't all that crowded. Even after last weeks dump of
stocker
> | rainbows in the pond.
> |
> | We headed out there to see if we could bag some dinner. The limit is
only 4
> | and 2 for under age anglers so the six we caughht were a limit.
> |
> | Guess what we are having for dinner.
> |
> | Just put some great new pictures on the photos page.
> | http://www.YumaBassMan.com/photos.html
> |
> | --
> | Bob La Londe
> | Yuma, Az
> | http://www.YumaBassMan.com
> | Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
> | Simply add it to our index page.
> | No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

joe
December 15th, 2003, 05:42 AM
In article >,
"Bob La Londe" > wrote:

> Those are thanks to the hosts inline ads. I complained once before and they
> changed the ads.... sadly it is not a commercial site so I can't really
> justify the cost of going with ad-free hosting.
>
> I may move it to 4t or one of the other free hosts who have less agressive
> advertisments.

Bob,

Shoot me an email(note: the reply email does not come directly to me due
to SPAM - my web site has a contact page) and I will give you the
details on the hosting company I am with. My site is also not commercial
currently (I do have a Bass Pro affiliate set up but I don't push it and
it does not generate any income so far).

Anyway, I have been very pleased over the past year and it is cheaper
than you might imagine. I was using a message board that had pop ups and
it was a pain for the visitors.

regards.

atljoe
--
"Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
Flats fishing is Flat Fun!

Bob La Londe
December 15th, 2003, 06:15 AM
"joe" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote:
>
> > Those are thanks to the hosts inline ads. I complained once before and
they
> > changed the ads.... sadly it is not a commercial site so I can't really
> > justify the cost of going with ad-free hosting.
> >
> > I may move it to 4t or one of the other free hosts who have less
agressive
> > advertisments.
>
> Bob,
>
> Shoot me an email(note: the reply email does not come directly to me due
> to SPAM - my web site has a contact page) and I will give you the
> details on the hosting company I am with. My site is also not commercial
> currently (I do have a Bass Pro affiliate set up but I don't push it and
> it does not generate any income so far).
>
> Anyway, I have been very pleased over the past year and it is cheaper
> than you might imagine. I was using a message board that had pop ups and
> it was a pain for the visitors.
>
> regards.
>
> atljoe

Thanks Joe. I have the site loaded and running at a new site.
www.yumabassman.4t.com. I have one CGI application running on it that may
crash as I move my other sites off of hypermart's servers. 4T doesn't host
CGI at their lowest ad free hosting level, but I have a work around going
for the moment.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az
http://www.YumaBassMan.com
Promote Your Fishing, Boating, or Guide Site for Free
Simply add it to our index page.
No reciprocal link required. (Requested, but not required)

> --
> "Atlanta Joe" aka Joe Webb
> Flats fishing is Flat Fun!
> Visit my site at http://flatsfisher.com

David H. Lipman
December 15th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Bob:

What can I say -- except THANX for being so responsive !
The difference is night and day.

You are back in my fishing URL list :-)