PDA

View Full Version : hello is there anyone on this barren newsgroup

andy barnes
April 27th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Used to be good with reports coming in now it is crap what a shame.To many
watchers,come on are the macky at weymouth yet.
Tight lines Andy Barnes

Derek.Moody
April 27th, 2005, 01:53 PM
In article >, andy barnes
> wrote:
> Used to be good with reports coming in now it is crap what a shame.To many
> watchers,come on are the macky at weymouth yet.

There were a few reported off the bill a week ago.

Cheerio,

--

Matt
April 28th, 2005, 06:54 AM
In message >, Derek.Moody
> writes
>In article >, andy barnes
> wrote:
>> Used to be good with reports coming in now it is crap what a shame.To many
>> watchers,come on are the macky at weymouth yet.
>
>There were a few reported off the bill a week ago.

Still only pout and doggies being caught off Chesil, I don't know if the
person who went there last week actually targeted the macky but it's
early days yet!

--
Matt - Dorset.
It only takes two-strokes to excite me (or a threesome :-))

david
April 28th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I managed eight pollack and one gurnard from "electric blue" last week about
2 hours off Needles (read 30 miles).

Great fun, all taken before the tide turned though, after slack
water...zilch.

I took my 9 yearold son with me, he was great and actually boated more then
I did. Actually, he boated more fish than anyone else on the vessel! He
loved it.

Tasty too.

David

"andy barnes" > wrote in message
> Used to be good with reports coming in now it is crap what a shame.To many
> watchers,come on are the macky at weymouth yet.
> Tight lines Andy Barnes

andy barnes
April 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Pollack are very tasty when over 5lb.Some herring have been caught of
needles and some macky but all in nets.I did try but had no luck.
regards Andy
"david" > wrote in message
>I managed eight pollack and one gurnard from "electric blue" last week
>about 2 hours off Needles (read 30 miles).
>
> Great fun, all taken before the tide turned though, after slack
> water...zilch.
>
> I took my 9 yearold son with me, he was great and actually boated more
> then I did. Actually, he boated more fish than anyone else on the vessel!
> He loved it.
>
> Tasty too.
>
> David
>
> "andy barnes" > wrote in message
>> Used to be good with reports coming in now it is crap what a shame.To
>> many watchers,come on are the macky at weymouth yet.
>> Tight lines Andy Barnes

Keith M
April 29th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Hi all
Nothing to report cos I haven't been out for ages - work is getting in the
way.
10 hours at work + 4 hours driving per day = 1000miles per week and no
energy at week ends!!

Keith M
"andy barnes" > wrote in message
> Used to be good with reports coming in now it is crap what a shame.To many
> watchers,come on are the macky at weymouth yet.
> Tight lines Andy Barnes

Dave
May 3rd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Hi Andy

I have not been out for a while but when I did I blanked, that was a couple
of weeks ago.

However went up to Scotland over the Bank Holiday looking for common skate
and managed one at 171lbs.

In the South around the Solent, the Bream are in and so are some mackerel
and a few garfish.

Smoothounds are about but not heard of any Tope yet.

Wrasse, doggies, pout and poor cod have started showing so the summer is
just around the corner.

Time to get out and chill as the youngsters say.

Dave