PDA

View Full Version : advice needed irt t top and/or biminis

RB
April 28th, 2005, 07:37 PM
I live in Pensacola, and used to fish the Gulf constantly. Had a few years
recently where I wasn't able to do this. Time to get cranked back up again.

I now have an 18' cc. All my other boats have had T tops or Biminis.

This one doesn't.

Is not having a top going to be a big deal for me? I see lots of boats out
in the Gulf without tops. My normal water window will be maybe 4 hrs twice
weekly. Seems like I ought to be able to handle that just by wearing a
cap.

Thoughts/opinions, please.

Tidal Fish
April 29th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I think its more a matter of preference. A top will help keep the sun
off of you and will help store rods and if you troll give you another
place to hang a few rods to run out the back. A top also give you
storage usually with the boxes that they install under the top.

I personally do not have a top, but I also fly fish and find it gets in
the way and the storage is not a big deal for me.

I think its more a matter of preference then anything else.

Good luck!

Tidal Fish
------
Check Tidal Fish (http://www.TidalFish.com) for message boards with
over 24,000 anglers posting fishing reports, tips, tricks, and talking
fishing and boating.