PDA

View Full Version : Prize Boat Question

go-bassn
March 8th, 2004, 01:24 AM
Don't know if anyone here can answer this, but here goes.

My friend Koby Kreiger won an Everstart tournament on Lake Eufala today.
Included in his prizes is a certificate redeemable for a fully-rigged Ranger
519, Evinrude or Yamaha motor, & trailer. I'm unsure of the hp of the
motor, but I gigure its probably 150-175, 200 at the most.

Koby is willing to sell me this certificate.

My question is this: If I buy such a certificate & take it to the local
Ranger dealer, is it possible to upgrade (pay the difference) to a 520 or
521, and a 225 or 250 outboard? Or is the certificate only good for the
specified prize boat? Anyone ever encountered this situation before?

I can get the cert for a very good price, but it won't do me any good if I
can't buy the upgrade.

thanks,
Warren

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

Andrew Kidd
March 8th, 2004, 01:33 AM
"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Don't know if anyone here can answer this, but here goes.
>
> My friend Koby Kreiger won an Everstart tournament on Lake Eufala today.
> Included in his prizes is a certificate redeemable for a fully-rigged
Ranger
> 519, Evinrude or Yamaha motor, & trailer. I'm unsure of the hp of the
> motor, but I gigure its probably 150-175, 200 at the most.
>
> Koby is willing to sell me this certificate.
>
> My question is this: If I buy such a certificate & take it to the local
> Ranger dealer, is it possible to upgrade (pay the difference) to a 520 or
> 521, and a 225 or 250 outboard? Or is the certificate only good for the
> specified prize boat? Anyone ever encountered this situation before?
>
> I can get the cert for a very good price, but it won't do me any good if I
> can't buy the upgrade.

Warren,
When I was asking about my boat search, bassintheweeds commented that
he had done this very thing.
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

Jerry Barton
March 8th, 2004, 01:43 AM
Why not pop for the phone call to the local Ranger dealer and ask?

"Andrew Kidd" > wrote in message

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > Don't know if anyone here can answer this, but here goes.
> >
> > My friend Koby Kreiger won an Everstart tournament on Lake Eufala today.
> > Included in his prizes is a certificate redeemable for a fully-rigged
> Ranger
> > 519, Evinrude or Yamaha motor, & trailer. I'm unsure of the hp of the
> > motor, but I gigure its probably 150-175, 200 at the most.
> >
> > Koby is willing to sell me this certificate.
> >
> > My question is this: If I buy such a certificate & take it to the local
> > Ranger dealer, is it possible to upgrade (pay the difference) to a 520
or
> > 521, and a 225 or 250 outboard? Or is the certificate only good for the
> > specified prize boat? Anyone ever encountered this situation before?
> >
> > I can get the cert for a very good price, but it won't do me any good if
> > can't buy the upgrade.
> >

> Warren,
> When I was asking about my boat search, bassintheweeds commented that
> he had done this very thing.
> --
> Andrew Kidd
> http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!
> http://www.rofb.net/ - ROFB Newsgroup Home

George
March 8th, 2004, 09:28 AM
>My question is this: If I buy such a certificate & take it to the local
>Ranger dealer, is it possible to upgrade (pay the difference) to a 520 or
>521, and a 225 or 250 outboard?

Warren,
You probably have a better chance of upgrading than the dealer just honoring
the certificate. He won't make any money on the certificate alone. Call North
Jersey marine...... but be sure to get it in writing before you purchase the
certificate. I don't think they are obligated to honor the certificate.

George
Bucks County, PA

RichZ
March 8th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I've never heard of anyone having trouble upgrading the certificate. That's
one reason they give the certificates these days instead of actual boats.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

George
March 9th, 2004, 09:30 AM
>If I buy such a certificate

Warren..... does this mean you're shying away from the Gambler?

George
Bucks County, PA