PDA

View Full Version : Don't look for me here for the next couple weeks.

RichZ
March 8th, 2004, 12:27 PM
I'll be in Florida. I hope to spend a couple days on the water with Doc.
Supposed to fish with the Lindners a day or two as well. Rest of the time
will be doing touristy things -- mostly Disney, but canaveral and seaworld
too -- with the grandkids.

I'm leaving tomorrow morning, won't be back for the better part of two
weeks. Try not to burn the place down while I'm gone.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Nikolay
March 8th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Have a great trip, Rich!

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, RichZ wrote:

> I'll be in Florida. I hope to spend a couple days on the water with Doc.
> Supposed to fish with the Lindners a day or two as well. Rest of the time
> will be doing touristy things -- mostly Disney, but canaveral and seaworl=
> too -- with the grandkids.
>
> I'm leaving tomorrow morning, won't be back for the better part of two
> weeks. Try not to burn the place down while I'm gone.
>
> RichZ=A9
> www.richz.com/fishing

Bob Rickard
March 8th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Have fun. Your wit and wisdom will be missed while you are gone.
--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> I'll be in Florida. I hope to spend a couple days on the water with Doc.
> Supposed to fish with the Lindners a day or two as well. Rest of the time
> will be doing touristy things -- mostly Disney, but canaveral and seaworld
> too -- with the grandkids.
>
> I'm leaving tomorrow morning, won't be back for the better part of two
> weeks. Try not to burn the place down while I'm gone.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Calif Bill
March 8th, 2004, 09:48 PM
When going to Canaveral, leave your pocket knife home. The search
everybody just like the airplane. I buried mine in the woodbark outside and
picked it up when leaving.
Bill

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> I'll be in Florida. I hope to spend a couple days on the water with Doc.
> Supposed to fish with the Lindners a day or two as well. Rest of the time
> will be doing touristy things -- mostly Disney, but canaveral and seaworld
> too -- with the grandkids.
>
> I'm leaving tomorrow morning, won't be back for the better part of two
> weeks. Try not to burn the place down while I'm gone.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

John Kerr
March 8th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Enjoy the trip...and the grandkids! Take pctures <g>.

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 8th, 2004, 11:25 PM
"Calif Bill" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> When going to Canaveral, leave your pocket knife home. The search
> everybody just like the airplane. I buried mine in the woodbark outside
and
> picked it up when leaving.

Yeah, no kidding. My wife, one of the daughters and I went to Great America
Amusement Park in Gurnee Illinois. Anyone that knows me knows I never go
anywhere without my "little" pocketknife. I totally forgot about it until I
attempted to enter the park.

The look on the girl's face when I emptied my pockets was one of sheer
horror that I would carry one of these and before I could turn around, I was
in front of a police officer.

Luckily, I didn't get arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, they kept
the knife and gave me a receipt so I could retrieve my knife when I left the
park.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

The Citizen Fisherman
March 8th, 2004, 11:57 PM
On the other end of the spectrum, I was standing in the incredibly long line
at the airport in Atlanta when I realized I had pointed-end scissors in my
bag. As I approached the guard, I handed them the scissors and said they
were in my bag and could they please take them.

'Nah, these aren't a problem...'

--
Tight lines,
Citizen Fisherman

On 8-Mar-2004, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" >
wrote:

> "Calif Bill" > wrote in message
> ink.net...
> > When going to Canaveral, leave your pocket knife home. The search
> > everybody just like the airplane. I buried mine in the woodbark outside
> and
> > picked it up when leaving.
>
> Yeah, no kidding. My wife, one of the daughters and I went to Great
> America
> Amusement Park in Gurnee Illinois. Anyone that knows me knows I never go
> anywhere without my "little" pocketknife. I totally forgot about it until
> attempted to enter the park.
>
> The look on the girl's face when I emptied my pockets was one of sheer
> horror that I would carry one of these and before I could turn around, I
> was
> in front of a police officer.
>
> Luckily, I didn't get arrested for carrying a concealed weapon, they kept
> the knife and gave me a receipt so I could retrieve my knife when I left
> the
> park.
> --
> Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

J Buck
March 9th, 2004, 05:05 AM
<The look on the girl's face when I emptied my pockets was one of sheer
horror that I would carry one of these>

The times they are a-changin' indeed. It's so sad that so many people
are shocked by this these days. I would no sooner leave the house w/o a
pocketknife than leave w/o my wallet or left...arm

luv2bafield
March 9th, 2004, 01:16 PM
"J Buck" > wrote in message
> <The look on the girl's face when I emptied my pockets was one of sheer
> horror that I would carry one of these>
>
> The times they are a-changin' indeed. It's so sad that so many people
> are shocked by this these days. I would no sooner leave the house w/o a
> pocketknife than leave w/o my wallet or left...arm

Her look was nothing like it would have been had she seen me without my
pocket knife. I wouldn't have had any pants on.

If you want to know whether I'm carrying a pocket knife, just look to see if
I'm wearing any pants.

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 9th, 2004, 02:02 PM
"luv2bafield" > wrote in message <SNIP>

> Her look was nothing like it would have been had she seen me without my
> pocket knife. I wouldn't have had any pants on.
>
> If you want to know whether I'm carrying a pocket knife, just look to see
if
> I'm wearing any pants.

That's pretty much the way I am. I have it with me all the time, whether
it's work, home, wedding or funeral, I have my pocketknife. That knife has
gotten me into more trouble in airports and assorted places......