PDA

View Full Version : Kenner 18VX trailer loading problem with front roller

May 3rd, 2005, 04:26 PM
I have just started using my Kenner at the Gulf Coast. Mostly I have
benn using it to bass fish in the area lakes.

It seems that most of the Gulf Coast ramps have a very shallow ramp
especially as compared to fresh water lakes.

Consequently this Kenner is harder to load at the coast. One thing I
noticed is that on my "matched" trailer the front bow/keel Never touchs
that front roller. Consquently, as I climb up the trailer it doesn't
want to stay centered and when I finally winch it up a lot of weight
comes to rest on that winch roller. The front roller misses the keel
by about 3 inches so it provides no help with support or guideance.

I assume that all 18VX's have this problem although I did notice that
newer models do rest on that lower roller. My boat and trailer were
made in '99. BTW, it appears that my 18VX version is no longer made
but the design is somewhere between a 180VX and a 18VX. It is rated
at 90hp but it has the same physical dimensions as the 18VX that is
rated at 140hp.

Does anyone know if Kenner did a factory recalls upgrades to match the
trailer to the boat.

I think I can figure out some way to add a roller or bunk or something
but if Kenner has already done it then I'll contact them. Thought I'd
just see what others may have already discovered.

tks
Don