PDA

View Full Version : Bossington

steve
May 9th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Does anyone know if it is worth casting plugs and jellies from the beach
near Bossington rocks in Somerset?
Im doing a 24hr trip later this month and thought it might give me a break
from the bottom but only if fish are a viable prospect.

Steve...

Derek.Moody
May 9th, 2005, 11:42 PM
In article >, steve
> wrote:
> Does anyone know if it is worth casting plugs and jellies from the beach
> near Bossington rocks in Somerset?
> Im doing a 24hr trip later this month and thought it might give me a break
> from the bottom but only if fish are a viable prospect.

Do you mean Hurlstone pt area? I have caught on artificials in July/Aug but
you are going a bit early in the season... Worth trying though.

Don't be afraid to try at all stages of light - even pitch dark. Take a few
mepps type too in case the water's badly coloured.

Cheerio,

--

steve
May 11th, 2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks Derek, Yes I do mean hurlstone point I may well give the mepps a go
as I have plenty and never give them much thought, I'll let you know how I
got on when I get back.
Thanks again Steve...