PDA

View Full Version : re: Bottom rig storage ideas?

Gary
May 11th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Everyone I know including myself uses small ziplock bags to store bottom
rigs when they are not in use.

I guess it works OK for keeping them separated and labeled for the next use,
but inevitably, they tangle up in the bags, and if you put them away a
little damp, they stay that way...even with the bag not zipped. There's
gotta be a better way.

Anyone have a better solution for storing their bottom rigs?

Thanks!

Gary

Bill McKee May 9, 8:23 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.sal****er
From: "Bill McKee" > - Find messages by
this author
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:23:08 GMT
Subject: Re: Bottom rig storage ideas?
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message |

There is a hollow black rubber tube that has geen end caps for storing
leaders etc.. Works great for salmon mooching rigs and my halibut
trolling
rigs. They are on boat, so can not look up name. The hollow center
is
great for stoing small weights, etc.

"Gary" > wrote in message

om...

> Everyone I know including myself uses small ziplock bags to store
bottom
> rigs when they are not in use.

> I guess it works OK for keeping them separated and labeled for the
next
> use,
> but inevitably, they tangle up in the bags, and if you put them away
> little damp, they stay that way...even with the bag not zipped.
There's
> gotta be a better way.

> Anyone have a better solution for storing their bottom rigs?

> Thanks!

> Gary

May 11, 12:20 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.sal****er
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 04:20:42 GMT
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message |

Note: The author of this message requested that it not be
archived. This message will be removed from Groups in 6 days (May 18, 12:20
am).

On Tue, 10 May 2005 00:23:08 GMT, "Bill McKee"

> wrote:
>There is a hollow black rubber tube that has geen end caps for
storing
>leaders etc.. Works great for salmon mooching rigs and my halibut
trolling
>rigs. They are on boat, so can not look up name. The hollow center
is
>great for stoing small weights, etc.

Sounds like the long foam float tubes they sell for kids to use in
swimming pools might work the same way if cut to size.

>"Gary" > wrote in message
om...
>> Everyone I know including myself uses small ziplock bags to store
bottom
>> rigs when they are not in use.

>> I guess it works OK for keeping them separated and labeled for the
next
>> use,
>> but inevitably, they tangle up in the bags, and if you put them
away a
>> little damp, they stay that way...even with the bag not zipped.
There's
>> gotta be a better way.

>> Anyone have a better solution for storing their bottom rigs?

>> Thanks!

>> Gary

Bill McKee May 11, 1:03 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.sal****er
From: "Bill McKee" > - Find messages by
this author
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 05:03:58 GMT
Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message |

Nope. Is a dense black rubber. Has ribs along the tube and a raised
tab
for the leader to connect.

> wrote in message

> On Tue, 10 May 2005 00:23:08 GMT, "Bill McKee"
> > wrote:

>>There is a hollow black rubber tube that has geen end caps for
storing
>>leaders etc.. Works great for salmon mooching rigs and my halibut
>>trolling
>>rigs. They are on boat, so can not look up name. The hollow center
is
>>great for stoing small weights, etc.

> Sounds like the long foam float tubes they sell for kids to use in
> swimming pools might work the same way if cut to size.

>>"Gary" > wrote in message
om...
>>> Everyone I know including myself uses small ziplock bags to store
bottom
>>> rigs when they are not in use.

>>> I guess it works OK for keeping them separated and labeled for the
next
>>> use,
>>> but inevitably, they tangle up in the bags, and if you put them
away a
>>> little damp, they stay that way...even with the bag not zipped.
There's
>>> gotta be a better way.

>>> Anyone have a better solution for storing their bottom rigs?

>>> Thanks!

>>> Gary

Sarge May 11, 8:34 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.outdoors.fishing.sal****er