PDA

View Full Version : Worth Fishing this weekend?

G. M. Zimmermann
March 11th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Most of the local lakes are finally free of ice and I'm dying to get out
fishing. The problem is that because so far this week we have had some fairly
cold temps (low 40's during the day, low 20's at night) the water temp at the
lakes I have checked is in the high 30's. I hear alot about fishing when the
water starts to warm into the 40's, but would fishing be any good with a water
temp of say, 37?
Do you guys think its worth going out, or should I do my chores this week and
save the fishing for when the water warms a bit more?

-Zimmy

Jeff Durham
March 11th, 2004, 06:08 PM
If you can go, then go! As for the chores, you can keep putting those off
even when the weather warms up. :-)

Jeff

"G. M. Zimmermann" > wrote in message
> Most of the local lakes are finally free of ice and I'm dying to get out
> fishing. The problem is that because so far this week we have had some
fairly
> cold temps (low 40's during the day, low 20's at night) the water temp at
the
> lakes I have checked is in the high 30's. I hear alot about fishing when
the
> water starts to warm into the 40's, but would fishing be any good with a
water
> temp of say, 37?
> Do you guys think its worth going out, or should I do my chores this
week and
> save the fishing for when the water warms a bit more?
>
> -Zimmy

Babbling Brook Photography
March 11th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Anytime can be good fishing, you just have to adjust your lures to the
conditions. Big slow sluggish lures like a pork frog on a 3/8 to 1/2 oz. jig
works great in cold water. Just stick to your deeper waters.
--
Babbling Brook Photography