PDA

View Full Version : Where's the bass

Babbling Brook Photography
March 12th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to these newsgroups and thought I would try posting a message
to see how it worked. Anyway, is anyone catching any 10+ pounders these
days? I'm from the northeast in southern New Hampshire and I'm always
looking for a new fishing hole, bass up this way don't typically get that
big but it's always fun looking for them. If anyone has a hotspot I wouldn't
mind if you shared. I always throw them back for someone else to have fun
with, plus this way it gives them a chance to make it to ten plus pounds.
Thanks, Ken

--
--------------------------------------
Babbling Brook Photography

AJH
March 12th, 2004, 12:42 PM
A 10 lb bass, you have to be kidding, I am still looking for a 6
pounder..

Eric Ryder
March 12th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Hi Ken, welcome to the group.

Your best chance at a 10 in NH includes Horseshoe Pond in Merrimack (not
pretty, but produced a 11-12# C&R citation fish a few years ago); Turkey
Pond in Concord (matted milfoil, produced a pair of 11+ for the state
shockboat); Elm Brook (known as Stumpfield Res) gave up an 11.5# to the Army
Corp shock boat.

IMO, some of the ponds around Jaffery/Rindge have the best potential for
outsized LM (Poole, Pearly, Contoocook Lake).

Email me offlist and I can probably find you some new water (I'm next door
to you in Mont Vernon).

Eric

"Babbling Brook Photography" > wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> I'm new to these newsgroups and thought I would try posting a message
> to see how it worked. Anyway, is anyone catching any 10+ pounders these
> days? I'm from the northeast in southern New Hampshire and I'm always
> looking for a new fishing hole, bass up this way don't typically get that
> big but it's always fun looking for them. If anyone has a hotspot I
wouldn't
> mind if you shared. I always throw them back for someone else to have fun
> with, plus this way it gives them a chance to make it to ten plus pounds.
> Thanks, Ken
>
> --
> --------------------------------------
> Babbling Brook Photography
> Quality Framed Photography of
> the great outdoors.
> 30 Day money back guarantee!
> http://www.babblingbrookphotography.com
> Email

doS
March 12th, 2004, 01:37 PM
whre can i get one of those Army
Corp shock boat.s ;-)

"Eric Ryder" > wrote in message
> Hi Ken, welcome to the group.
>
> Your best chance at a 10 in NH includes Horseshoe Pond in Merrimack (not
> pretty, but produced a 11-12# C&R citation fish a few years ago); Turkey
> Pond in Concord (matted milfoil, produced a pair of 11+ for the state
> shockboat); Elm Brook (known as Stumpfield Res) gave up an 11.5# to the
Army
> Corp shock boat.
>
> IMO, some of the ponds around Jaffery/Rindge have the best potential for
> outsized LM (Poole, Pearly, Contoocook Lake).
>
> Email me offlist and I can probably find you some new water (I'm next door
> to you in Mont Vernon).
>
> Eric
>

> "Babbling Brook Photography" > wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> > I'm new to these newsgroups and thought I would try posting a
message
> > to see how it worked. Anyway, is anyone catching any 10+ pounders these
> > days? I'm from the northeast in southern New Hampshire and I'm always
> > looking for a new fishing hole, bass up this way don't typically get
that
> > big but it's always fun looking for them. If anyone has a hotspot I
> wouldn't
> > mind if you shared. I always throw them back for someone else to have
fun
> > with, plus this way it gives them a chance to make it to ten plus
pounds.
> > Thanks, Ken
> >
> > --
> > --------------------------------------
> > Babbling Brook Photography
> > Quality Framed Photography of
> > the great outdoors.
> > 30 Day money back guarantee!
> > http://www.babblingbrookphotography.com
> > Email

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
March 12th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Surprise! I've seen two on gsaautions.gov last year. None there right now though. Doc

"doS" > wrote in message ...
whre can i get one of those Army
Corp shock boat.s ;-)

doS
March 12th, 2004, 03:35 PM
How much did they go for, any idea?

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" > wrote in message
> Surprise! I've seen two on gsaautions.gov last year. None there right
now though. Doc
> ================================================== ===============
>

> "doS" > wrote in message
> whre can i get one of those Army
> Corp shock boat.s ;-)

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
March 12th, 2004, 06:44 PM
about 350 each. they had taken the motors off the boats but the shockers looked to be still attached. Doc

"doS" > wrote in message ...
How much did they go for, any idea?

Eric Ryder
March 12th, 2004, 10:41 PM
They make backpack units too:)

"doS" > wrote in message
> whre can i get one of those Army
> Corp shock boat.s ;-)
>

> "Eric Ryder" > wrote in message
> > Hi Ken, welcome to the group.
> >
> > Your best chance at a 10 in NH includes Horseshoe Pond in Merrimack (not
> > pretty, but produced a 11-12# C&R citation fish a few years ago); Turkey
> > Pond in Concord (matted milfoil, produced a pair of 11+ for the state
> > shockboat); Elm Brook (known as Stumpfield Res) gave up an 11.5# to the
> Army
> > Corp shock boat.
> >
> > IMO, some of the ponds around Jaffery/Rindge have the best potential for
> > outsized LM (Poole, Pearly, Contoocook Lake).
> >
> > Email me offlist and I can probably find you some new water (I'm next
door
> > to you in Mont Vernon).
> >
> > Eric
> >

> > "Babbling Brook Photography" > wrote in message
> > > Hi everyone,
> > > I'm new to these newsgroups and thought I would try posting a
> message
> > > to see how it worked. Anyway, is anyone catching any 10+ pounders
these
> > > days? I'm from the northeast in southern New Hampshire and I'm always
> > > looking for a new fishing hole, bass up this way don't typically get
> that
> > > big but it's always fun looking for them. If anyone has a hotspot I
> > wouldn't
> > > mind if you shared. I always throw them back for someone else to have
> fun
> > > with, plus this way it gives them a chance to make it to ten plus
> pounds.
> > > Thanks, Ken
> > >
> > > --
> > > --------------------------------------
> > > Babbling Brook Photography
> > > Quality Framed Photography of
> > > the great outdoors.
> > > 30 Day money back guarantee!
> > > http://www.babblingbrookphotography.com
> > > Email

Allen
March 12th, 2004, 10:55 PM
How far south do you want to go ? Pa. Fl. ?
I can help you out in both locations...
Drop me a note or stop in at http://sea4two.net for
fishing info. allen
"Babbling Brook Photography" > wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> I'm new to these newsgroups and thought I would try posting a message
> to see how it worked. Anyway, is anyone catching any 10+ pounders these
> days? I'm from the northeast in southern New Hampshire and I'm always
> looking for a new fishing hole, bass up this way don't typically get that
> big but it's always fun looking for them. If anyone has a hotspot I
wouldn't
> mind if you shared. I always throw them back for someone else to have fun
> with, plus this way it gives them a chance to make it to ten plus pounds.
> Thanks, Ken
>
> --
> --------------------------------------
> Babbling Brook Photography
> Quality Framed Photography of
> the great outdoors.
> 30 Day money back guarantee!
> http://www.babblingbrookphotography.com
> Email

Rich Conley
March 15th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Theres a small state park called Echo Lake State park (not the same echo lake
that is a protected flyfishing only trout pond) somewhere near Bartlett I
believe. I'm up there atleast once every summer. 3 years back I caught an 8.5 lb
smallie, and a 6 lb smallie right next to the swimming area within about 45
seconds of each other on a jointed rapala. 2 years before that I caught a 5 lb
smallie on a frog. I also caught a bunch of 3lb fish.

This is a small pond, couple hundred feet in each direction, but it abuts a
cliff face that goes up probably 2K feet. I'm not even sure how deep it gets,
but there seems to be some big fish in there. Give it a try someday you're
bored. I believe its about $3 to get into the state park.

Rich