PDA

View Full Version : Shore Fishing Carribbean - advice needed!

fantom
May 21st, 2005, 08:08 PM
Hi, has anyone been to the carribean and fished off the beaches? I am from
england and Im intrested in all advice including equipment and bait and
tactics and species if possible. any of the above would be greatly
appreciated or a url link, i have searched and keep coming up blank and i
desperatly need some info.

TIA

Bill McKee
May 22nd, 2005, 06:25 AM
"fantom" > wrote in message
> Hi, has anyone been to the carribean and fished off the beaches? I am from
> england and Im intrested in all advice including equipment and bait and
> tactics and species if possible. any of the above would be greatly
> appreciated or a url link, i have searched and keep coming up blank and i
> desperatly need some info.
>
> TIA

Look up "Flats Fishing"

May 26th, 2005, 08:10 PM
fantom wrote:
> Hi, has anyone been to the carribean and fished off the beaches? I am from
> england and Im intrested in all advice including equipment and bait and
> tactics and species if possible. any of the above would be greatly
> appreciated or a url link, i have searched and keep coming up blank and i
> desperatly need some info.
>
> TIA

Try this address:

www.southof20.com

I understand the best flats are around Anegada, BVI. I am headed to St.
John in June and want to try mangrove and flats fly fishing from a
kayak. Get strong leaders and watch out for sharks if wading.

May 26th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Bonefish, tarpon, jacks all in abundance

fantom
May 27th, 2005, 07:29 PM
<flatturnip> wrote in message .

> Try this address:
>
> www.southof20.com
>
> I understand the best flats are around Anegada, BVI. I am headed to St.
> John in June and want to try mangrove and flats fly fishing from a
> kayak. Get strong leaders and watch out for sharks if wading.

Hi, thanks for the great site and advice, Quick question, for light tackle
gear, spinning etc, what is the norm, hook size, line size, rod casing
weight etc etc,

Im heading for St.Vincent, has some rocky grounds and was hoping to do some
light tackle spinning from the rocks and maybe try some flats fishing if
possible.

Bill McKee
May 27th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Eluethera (SP?) has all walking flats.

"fantom" > wrote in message

> <flatturnip> wrote in message .
>>
>> Try this address:
>>
>> www.southof20.com
>>
>> I understand the best flats are around Anegada, BVI. I am headed to St.
>> John in June and want to try mangrove and flats fly fishing from a
>> kayak. Get strong leaders and watch out for sharks if wading.
>>

> Hi, thanks for the great site and advice, Quick question, for light tackle
> gear, spinning etc, what is the norm, hook size, line size, rod casing
> weight etc etc,
>
> Im heading for St.Vincent, has some rocky grounds and was hoping to do
> some light tackle spinning from the rocks and maybe try some flats fishing
> if possible.

fantom
May 28th, 2005, 12:13 PM
sorry for the dumb sounding questions, but uk fishing appears totally
differrent for many reasons (terrain,species etc) and im fairly new to that
aswell, and i wont have a guide or someone to show me about the fishing
spots etc in SVG as i just visiting family, so gonna be on my own and have
to bring gear over from uk. I would be spinning and not fly fishing.