PDA

View Full Version : Montauk Sportfishing Report 5/23/05

Capt Gene Kelly
May 23rd, 2005, 06:17 PM
5/23/05

Somebody should poke old Mother Nature in the ribs to remind her that this
is the time of the year that it is supposed to start getting warm. So far
this spring the weather has pretty much sucked.

However, the fishing is pretty damn good. The fluke boats have been loading
up on nice fish down on the southside, know locally as the "backside". There
are plenty of fish, andgood sized ones. The typical pool winner on the head
boats is around 7-8 pounds.

The striped bass fishing is pretty decent as well, although no real big fish
are being caught. A twenty pound fish is a head turner right now, with most
fish around ten pounds or so. The good old chartreuce parachute is the lure
of choice, and the fish are in all the rips.

It's too early to start thinking about sharks, esoecially as cool as it has
been so far, but the good old CRICKET II, with the Monster Man himself, Capt
Frank Mundus is due in the harbor sometime this week to start doing just
that. He's here to capitalize on the thirtieth anniversary of the movie
JAWS. And from what I hear, the boat is fully booked until July 4th, when he
is scheduled to head back to Hawaii.

If you would like to have these reports sent to you directly, just drop me a
note at . And for more information about
fishing in Montauk, you can give me a call at 800 280 5565 or check out
http.//www.montauksportfishing.com.

--

Capt Gene Kelly
Montauk Sportfishing - 800 377 1197