PDA

View Full Version : Looe shore fishing.

Paul Smith
May 24th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Going there for my hols last week in July. Apart from the `white` rock at
the harbour entrance are there any other decent spots worth a try on an
evening or early morning session. If so what bait will catch the fish. Here
in the NE it`s usually worm,peeler or mussell for everything.

TIA,
Paul

Dave
May 25th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Try this site for Cornish venues

http://www.martins-seafresh.co.uk/Fishing/Fishing_Home.htm

Hope its some help

Dave

"Paul Smith" > wrote in message
> Going there for my hols last week in July. Apart from the `white` rock at
> the harbour entrance are there any other decent spots worth a try on an
> evening or early morning session. If so what bait will catch the fish.
> Here in the NE it`s usually worm,peeler or mussell for everything.
>
> TIA,
> Paul

Keith M
May 25th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Paul
Stayed there about 23 years ago!
There are rock ledges to the east of the harbour - plenty of small stuff
but watch out for the seals if they are still there - staling fish off the
hook they were.

Some way off to ther east, about due south of a place called Trerrulfoot???
close to the A38, ther is a beach with a small community and a stream
running down the beach ( a large scale map of the area might show it.

There are rocks in the water as the tide makes and I had the besst bass
fishing I have ever had. 14 schoolies in 2 hours about 30 yds out between
the rocks, all on lug on a filthy day pouring with rain ( it did all
holiday) and a reasonable onshore wind giving about 2 to 3 ft.
Classic fishing and castong quite literaly just behind the 3rd wave.
Wife ( the Fishing Permit Manager) wouldnt let me go again tho' cos I
wouldn't take her home while the fish were on and she got soaked like never
before or since.
Good luck and tight lines
Keith M

"Paul Smith" > wrote in message
> Going there for my hols last week in July. Apart from the `white` rock at
> the harbour entrance are there any other decent spots worth a try on an
> evening or early morning session. If so what bait will catch the fish.
> Here in the NE it`s usually worm,peeler or mussell for everything.
>
> TIA,
> Paul

Paul Smith
May 26th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Thanks for that. Really can`t wait now. Luckily my sister-in-law is coming
with us so she can keep the wife company whilst I clock up some serious
fishing time!