PDA

View Full Version : Florida warm water fisheries

Bill Kiene
March 13th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Hi all,

I just spent 3 weeks on the central east coast of FL around Sebastian. It is
famous for the brackish intercostals water way like the Indian river lagoon
but I was amazed at the exotic lakes, marshes, jungle like streams and
ponds with bass and panfish. I guess that their winter is a big bass/panfish
time and I could not believe the amount of water back there. Because it
rains all summer they have ponds to hold the rain water everywhere. Wal-Mart
and Lowes have ponds. Schools have ponds. Communities have ponds. There are
canals everywhere too. All these ponds have fish and crocks.

I caught about a 5 pound bass on my fly rod in the pond our daughter's new
home is on in a gated community in my pajamas one morning. "How he got in my
pajamas I will never know?"

http://www.kiene.com/images/104_0476.jpg

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

J Buck
March 13th, 2004, 07:55 AM
<I caught about a 5 pound bass on my fly rod>

I imagine that was a thrill, eh? My nephew switched to fly fishing about
5 years ago. It's the only way he fishes now, though mostly for trout
(Well, except for hard water LoL)

Bill Kiene
March 13th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Hi JB,

I think it is the largest bass I have caught on anything so it was special.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

"J Buck" > wrote in message
> <I caught about a 5 pound bass on my fly rod>
>
> I imagine that was a thrill, eh? My nephew switched to fly fishing about
> 5 years ago. It's the only way he fishes now, though mostly for trout
> (Well, except for hard water LoL)

RGarri7470
March 14th, 2004, 02:56 AM
> All these ponds have fish and crocks.

Alligators, not crocks probably. There are a few, but a very few, American
Crocodials in Florida..
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Rich Conley
March 15th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Depends where you are...theres some powerplant..cant remember the name, but
because the warm waters coming out of the plant, they survive really
well..something like 9 thousand american crocs downstream of this plant...cant
remember the name...saw it on the discovery channel.