PDA

View Full Version : I did it! I did it!!

Charles Summers
March 14th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Ok, maybe it aint that exciting, but I finally managed to break away and go
fishing again! It's been FIVE months since I've been out! That's
terrible!!!!

The best part is that the boat ran fine, and I caught fish. I did have to
buy a new trolling motor battery from one of the marinas, but I guess it was
about time. The old battery was two years old.

The Garmin 162 is awesome and I love the highway feature for returning back
to the ramp. That'll be great for coming back in after dark when I'm 20
miles away from the launch.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

BassMr
March 14th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Congratulations Pro!I have caught 16 bass since the start of '04.It does
feel good to get out there.
Charles Summers > wrote in message
> Ok, maybe it aint that exciting, but I finally managed to break away and
go
> fishing again! It's been FIVE months since I've been out! That's
> terrible!!!!
>
> The best part is that the boat ran fine, and I caught fish. I did have to
> buy a new trolling motor battery from one of the marinas, but I guess it
was
> about time. The old battery was two years old.
>
> The Garmin 162 is awesome and I love the highway feature for returning
back
> to the ramp. That'll be great for coming back in after dark when I'm 20
> miles away from the launch.
>
> --
> Charles B. Summers
> Secret Weapon Lures
> http://www.secretweaponlures.com

go-bassn
March 14th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Maybe a stupid question but...any luck?

Warren (still yet to take a cast in '04)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Ok, maybe it aint that exciting, but I finally managed to break away and
go
> fishing again! It's been FIVE months since I've been out! That's
> terrible!!!!
>
> The best part is that the boat ran fine, and I caught fish. I did have to
> buy a new trolling motor battery from one of the marinas, but I guess it
was
> about time. The old battery was two years old.
>
> The Garmin 162 is awesome and I love the highway feature for returning
back
> to the ramp. That'll be great for coming back in after dark when I'm 20
> miles away from the launch.
>
> --
> Charles B. Summers
> Secret Weapon Lures
> http://www.secretweaponlures.com

Charles Summers
March 14th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Yup... it was all luck. The first bass had the bait and I thought I was hung
up on a rock. I set the hook on him trying to get free.

The second... and last, bit so light I never knew she had the bait. It
wasn't until I saw the line move a little to the left that I knew it was
there. But, she was a beautiful spotted bass full of eggs and looked like a
football.

Both fish were legal size and taken in the last 45 minutes or so of my day,
but there was no pattern to them at all to help me with our first tournament
next weekend. Everyone I talked to on the lake said fishing had been off
for the last couple of weeks. Only one fish worth talking about was a 6lb
smallmouth taken 3-4 days ago on live bait. It was (from what I heard) taken
in 30' of water.

--

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> Maybe a stupid question but...any luck?
>
> Warren (still yet to take a cast in '04)
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
>

> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Ok, maybe it aint that exciting, but I finally managed to break away and
> go
> > fishing again! It's been FIVE months since I've been out! That's
> > terrible!!!!
> >
> > The best part is that the boat ran fine, and I caught fish. I did have
> > buy a new trolling motor battery from one of the marinas, but I guess it
> was
> > about time. The old battery was two years old.
> >
> > The Garmin 162 is awesome and I love the highway feature for returning
> back
> > to the ramp. That'll be great for coming back in after dark when I'm 20
> > miles away from the launch.
> >
> > --
> > Charles B. Summers
> > Secret Weapon Lures
> > http://www.secretweaponlures.com

Craig Baugher
March 14th, 2004, 04:16 AM
I went fishing today too (walked down to the pond). Water looked open until
you walked to the water's edge. Then it was clear there was a very fine
layer of ice. Yeah, the weight of a 1/2-ounce jig breaks through it, but it
was just a drag with the line continuously getting hung up on the ice. So
after a few casts, I just packed it in and went home :-(

No Bass for Me Today!

--
Craig Baugher

alwayfishking
March 17th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Almost a foot of snow in the backyard yesterday. Will it ever end?
"Craig Baugher" > wrote in message
> I went fishing today too (walked down to the pond). Water looked open
until
> you walked to the water's edge. Then it was clear there was a very fine
> layer of ice. Yeah, the weight of a 1/2-ounce jig breaks through it, but
it
> was just a drag with the line continuously getting hung up on the ice. So
> after a few casts, I just packed it in and went home :-(
>
> No Bass for Me Today!
>
> --
> Craig Baugher

Calif Bill
March 17th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Yup, we are heading back to Winter temps. Been record highs the last week.
80's-92. Only 74 today and supposed to cool for the weekend.
Bill

"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> Almost a foot of snow in the backyard yesterday. Will it ever end?
> "Craig Baugher" > wrote in message
> > I went fishing today too (walked down to the pond). Water looked open
> until
> > you walked to the water's edge. Then it was clear there was a very fine
> > layer of ice. Yeah, the weight of a 1/2-ounce jig breaks through it,
but
> it
> > was just a drag with the line continuously getting hung up on the ice.
So
> > after a few casts, I just packed it in and went home :-(
> >
> > No Bass for Me Today!
> >
> > --
> > Craig Baugher

J Buck
March 17th, 2004, 10:58 PM
<Almost a foot of snow in the backyard yesterday. Will it ever end?>

Here in midcoast Maine, I heard predictions yesterday of 2-4", 6-8", and
8 to 12". We got *maybe* 2, most of which melted today (BIG smile)

alwayfishking
March 18th, 2004, 01:15 PM
2 more inches last night and another 6-10 inches tonight..shoot me now
"J Buck" > wrote in message
> <Almost a foot of snow in the backyard yesterday. Will it ever end?>
>
> Here in midcoast Maine, I heard predictions yesterday of 2-4", 6-8", and
> 8 to 12". We got *maybe* 2, most of which melted today (BIG smile)

Charles Summers
March 18th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Geeze... It's March 18th and you're still getting that much snow? I'd shoot
ya Randy, but I don't think I could get there without a snow plow in front
of me.

"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> 2 more inches last night and another 6-10 inches tonight..shoot me now
> "J Buck" > wrote in message
> > <Almost a foot of snow in the backyard yesterday. Will it ever end?>
> >
> > Here in midcoast Maine, I heard predictions yesterday of 2-4", 6-8", and
> > 8 to 12". We got *maybe* 2, most of which melted today (BIG smile)

Henry Hefner
March 19th, 2004, 03:48 AM
alwayfishking wrote:
> 2 more inches last night and another 6-10 inches tonight..shoot me now

I spent the afternoon working on a rooftop and got a slight sunburn....
85 degrees with bright sun

Calif Bill
March 19th, 2004, 04:45 AM
"Henry Hefner" > wrote in message
> alwayfishking wrote:
> > 2 more inches last night and another 6-10 inches tonight..shoot me now
>
> I spent the afternoon working on a rooftop and got a slight sunburn....
> 85 degrees with bright sun

I spent the day making the side yard gate bigger and pouring more sidewalk
for access for the new camper. Shorts and Teva's and about 75 degrees.
Bill

J Buck
March 19th, 2004, 05:46 AM
<I spent the afternoon working on a rooftop and got a slight sunburn....
85 degrees with bright sun>

Lo 20s today for a hi...I'd (gulp) almost rather have had the snow the
other day if I knew it would've melted in a couple days than be this
damn cold <a week before the first day of spring (which is a joke
anyway; spring ain't here til mid April)

Charles Summers
March 19th, 2004, 02:29 PM
I spent the afternoon cooped up in a building here at work with beautiful 60
degree temps outside. That's ok, Saturday suppose to be better and I've got
my first tournament of the season!

"Henry Hefner" > wrote in message
> alwayfishking wrote:
> > 2 more inches last night and another 6-10 inches tonight..shoot me now
>
> I spent the afternoon working on a rooftop and got a slight sunburn....
> 85 degrees with bright sun

alwayfishking
March 19th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Last spring I could not get to parts of the lake due to ice. That was around
the end of the first week of April, just got dumped on again with 8 inches
last night.But I'll be fishing in New Jersey one day this weekend
"J Buck" > wrote in message
> <I spent the afternoon working on a rooftop and got a slight sunburn....
> 85 degrees with bright sun>
>
> Lo 20s today for a hi...I'd (gulp) almost rather have had the snow the
> other day if I knew it would've melted in a couple days than be this
> damn cold <a week before the first day of spring (which is a joke
> anyway; spring ain't here til mid April)

Lure builder
March 20th, 2004, 12:07 AM
If this thread is about the weather it is 4 degrees C and sunny here. There is
some open water and i went fishing and tied into and landed an early pike.

Sandon L. Joren
March 20th, 2004, 12:07 PM
I hear ya fishking. I recall that my first April tourney on Lake Hopatcong in NJ was cancelled last year because the ramps were still iced in......

--
Sandy Joren
You sound reasonable ... Time to up my medication.....
"J Buck" > wrote in message
> <I spent the afternoon working on a rooftop and got a slight sunburn....
> 85 degrees with bright sun>
>
> Lo 20s today for a hi...I'd (gulp) almost rather have had the snow the
> other day if I knew it would've melted in a couple days than be this
> damn cold <a week before the first day of spring (which is a joke
> anyway; spring ain't here til mid April)

go-bassn
March 20th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Hey SANDY! It must be springtime! call me dude!

warren