PDA

View Full Version : Tying on Drop Shop hooks

Charles Summers
March 14th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Is there anyone who can tell me or show me the proper way to tie on a
drop-shot hook the right way? Every time I try, the hook either ends up
sideways, or point side down.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Jerry Barton
March 14th, 2004, 09:27 PM
You could always buy Rodney's new drop shot hooks............... ;-))

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Is there anyone who can tell me or show me the proper way to tie on a
> drop-shot hook the right way? Every time I try, the hook either ends up
> sideways, or point side down.
>
> --
> Charles B. Summers
> Secret Weapon Lures
> http://www.secretweaponlures.com

Charles Summers
March 14th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Remember the movie Beetlejuice? Remember what happened when you said his
name three times?

I've already bought the hooks, so I just need to know how to tie them on.
Ok?

--

"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> You could always buy Rodney's new drop shot hooks............... ;-))
>
> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Is there anyone who can tell me or show me the proper way to tie on a
> > drop-shot hook the right way? Every time I try, the hook either ends up
> > sideways, or point side down.
> >
> > --
> > Charles B. Summers
> > Secret Weapon Lures
> > http://www.secretweaponlures.com

go-bassn
March 14th, 2004, 10:11 PM
A good rule of thumb is that generally when something ends up upside-down,
you're generally doing something backwards.

Got it?

Warren ;-)
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Remember the movie Beetlejuice? Remember what happened when you said his
> name three times?
>
> I've already bought the hooks, so I just need to know how to tie them on.
> Ok?
>
> --
> Charles B. Summers
> Secret Weapon Lures
> http://www.secretweaponlures.com
>

> "Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> > You could always buy Rodney's new drop shot hooks............... ;-))
> >
> > "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > > Is there anyone who can tell me or show me the proper way to tie on a
> > > drop-shot hook the right way? Every time I try, the hook either ends
up
> > > sideways, or point side down.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Charles B. Summers
> > > Secret Weapon Lures
> > > http://www.secretweaponlures.com

AJH
March 14th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Go to www.snakebite.net and look under articles, Drop Shotting A---Z

Charles Summers
March 14th, 2004, 11:57 PM
And when you do something differently with the same results?

--

"go-bassn" > wrote in message
> A good rule of thumb is that generally when something ends up upside-down,
> you're generally doing something backwards.
>
> Got it?
>
> Warren ;-)
> --
> http://www.warrenwolk.com/
>

> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Remember the movie Beetlejuice? Remember what happened when you said his
> > name three times?
> >
> > I've already bought the hooks, so I just need to know how to tie them
on.
> > Ok?
> >
> > --
> > Charles B. Summers
> > Secret Weapon Lures
> > http://www.secretweaponlures.com
> >

> > "Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> > > You could always buy Rodney's new drop shot hooks...............
;-))

> up

Charles Summers
March 15th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks AJH... gonna have to do that a few times to get the hang of it, but
it looks very simple. Just one more step than what I was already doing.

--

"AJH" > wrote in message
> Go to www.snakebite.net and look under articles, Drop Shotting A---Z

\The Shadow\
March 15th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Hey Charles, that knot shown on the site. It's commonly referred to as a
"Palomar Knot" o:) Guess you've seen Joe tie it on a few hundred times or
so.

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Thanks AJH... gonna have to do that a few times to get the hang of it, but
> it looks very simple. Just one more step than what I was already doing.
>
> --
> Charles B. Summers
> Secret Weapon Lures
> http://www.secretweaponlures.com
>

> "AJH" > wrote in message
> > Go to www.snakebite.net and look under articles, Drop Shotting A---Z

Charles Summers
March 15th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Hell... that's what I use on just about everything I tie on. There's one
more step in that diagram where it shows running the tag end of the line
back through the hook side of the guide before adding the weight. That's
what I was missing.

--

""The Shadow"" > wrote in message
> Hey Charles, that knot shown on the site. It's commonly referred to as a
> "Palomar Knot" o:) Guess you've seen Joe tie it on a few hundred times or
> so.
>
> --
> "The Shadow"
> Millennium Rods
> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Thanks AJH... gonna have to do that a few times to get the hang of it,
but
> > it looks very simple. Just one more step than what I was already doing.
> >
> > --
> > Charles B. Summers
> > Secret Weapon Lures
> > http://www.secretweaponlures.com
> >

> > "AJH" > wrote in message
> > > Go to www.snakebite.net and look under articles, Drop Shotting A---Z

go-bassn
March 15th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Find a good diagram Charles, they've gotta be all over the net. I wish I
was there to show ya.,..

Warren

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> And when you do something differently with the same results?
>
> --
> Charles B. Summers
> Secret Weapon Lures
> http://www.secretweaponlures.com
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > A good rule of thumb is that generally when something ends up
upside-down,
> > you're generally doing something backwards.
> >
> > Got it?
> >
> > Warren ;-)
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> >

> > "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > > Remember the movie Beetlejuice? Remember what happened when you said
his
> > > name three times?
> > >
> > > I've already bought the hooks, so I just need to know how to tie them
> on.
> > > Ok?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Charles B. Summers
> > > Secret Weapon Lures
> > > http://www.secretweaponlures.com

> ;-))

> > up

Rick Kovary
March 15th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Keep your tongue in you mouth ......lol, and use the big flip down
magnifying glasses...just ribbin ya charles.
RK
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> Hell... that's what I use on just about everything I tie on. There's one
> more step in that diagram where it shows running the tag end of the line
> back through the hook side of the guide before adding the weight. That's
> what I was missing.
>
> --
> Charles B. Summers
> Secret Weapon Lures
> http://www.secretweaponlures.com
>

> ""The Shadow"" > wrote in message
> > Hey Charles, that knot shown on the site. It's commonly referred to as a
> > "Palomar Knot" o:) Guess you've seen Joe tie it on a few hundred times
or
> > so.
> >
> > --
> > "The Shadow"
> > Millennium Rods
> > "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > > Thanks AJH... gonna have to do that a few times to get the hang of it,
> but
> > > it looks very simple. Just one more step than what I was already
doing.

> > > --
> > > Charles B. Summers
> > > Secret Weapon Lures
> > > http://www.secretweaponlures.com

Charles Summers
March 15th, 2004, 05:25 PM
That's ok Rick... I know you Michigan guys are really jealous since y'all
can't use the drop-shot, so I'll take your abuse! LOL

"Rick Kovary" > wrote in message
> Keep your tongue in you mouth ......lol, and use the big flip down
> magnifying glasses...just ribbin ya charles.
> RK
> "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > Hell... that's what I use on just about everything I tie on. There's one
> > more step in that diagram where it shows running the tag end of the line
> > back through the hook side of the guide before adding the weight. That's
> > what I was missing.
> >
> > --
> > Charles B. Summers
> > Secret Weapon Lures
> > http://www.secretweaponlures.com
> >

> > ""The Shadow"" > wrote in message
> > > Hey Charles, that knot shown on the site. It's commonly referred to as
> > > "Palomar Knot" o:) Guess you've seen Joe tie it on a few hundred times
> or
> > > so.
> > >
> > > --
> > > "The Shadow"
> > > Millennium Rods
> > but
> doing.

A---Z

alwayfishking
March 17th, 2004, 08:26 PM
duh dumt dumt...
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> That's ok Rick... I know you Michigan guys are really jealous since y'all
> can't use the drop-shot, so I'll take your abuse! LOL
>

> "Rick Kovary" > wrote in message
> > Keep your tongue in you mouth ......lol, and use the big flip down
> > magnifying glasses...just ribbin ya charles.
> > RK
> > "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > > Hell... that's what I use on just about everything I tie on. There's
one
> > > more step in that diagram where it shows running the tag end of the
line
> > > back through the hook side of the guide before adding the weight.
That's
> > > what I was missing.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Charles B. Summers
> > > Secret Weapon Lures
> > > http://www.secretweaponlures.com

> > or

> it,
> > > but
> > doing.

> A---Z

RichZ
March 19th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Charles wrote:
> Is there anyone who can tell me or show me the proper way to tie on a
> drop-shot hook the right way? Every time I try, the hook either ends up
> sideways, or point side down.

Thare are step by step instruction/illustrations in the drop shot article
on my site.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

alwayfishking
March 19th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Not sure but doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results could be classified as insanity
"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> And when you do something differently with the same results?
>
> --
> Charles B. Summers
> Secret Weapon Lures
> http://www.secretweaponlures.com
>

> "go-bassn" > wrote in message
> > A good rule of thumb is that generally when something ends up
upside-down,
> > you're generally doing something backwards.
> >
> > Got it?
> >
> > Warren ;-)
> > --
> > http://www.warrenwolk.com/
> >

> > "Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> > > Remember the movie Beetlejuice? Remember what happened when you said
his
> > > name three times?
> > >
> > > I've already bought the hooks, so I just need to know how to tie them
> on.
> > > Ok?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Charles B. Summers
> > > Secret Weapon Lures
> > > http://www.secretweaponlures.com

> ;-))

> > up

go-bassn
March 19th, 2004, 06:35 PM
You should know by now, with all those kiddies running around lol

WW