PDA

View Full Version : Beware ... very clever Virus circulating!

dscotts
March 16th, 2004, 02:29 PM
just received an email from my ISP, very official looking, all the right
references with the administrator (have his name correct) telling me
their virus software is detecting outgoing viruses from my computer and
to use this provided password to enter their in-house anti-virus
software from within the 'attachment.' of course I never open an
attachment unless completely sure so I called my ISP as it sounded a
little fishy and yea, they told me if you click on the attachment, use
the web link, apply the password, YOUR SCREWED!

this is what it looks like: plus the deadly attachment!

Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
Warning: (Information.zip).
Warning: Please read the "MailScanner-Attachment-Warning.txt"
attachment(s) for more information.

Dear user of "Megatrondata.com" mailing system,

Our antivirus software has detected a large ammount of viruses outgoing
from your email account, you may use our free anti-virus tool to clean up
your computer software.

For further details see the attach.

For security purposes the attached file is password protected.
Password is "85201".