PDA

View Full Version : Split Shot (Carolina, Drop Shot) Rig?

CR
March 16th, 2004, 10:35 PM
I fish on small rocky creeks in N Alabama and middle TN. I basically
use 3 general categories of baits. 1 - Small spinnerbaits (1/8 ounce).
2. Zoom super flukes type baits and Senko type baits fished
weightless. 3. Small (4 inch or less) plastics, texas rigged, using a
1/16th ounce slider hook.

I've been thinking about adding a new category. Some type of
split-shot, carolina, drop-shot whatever rig. To me these are all
basically the same, except sometimes you put the weight ahead of the
lure or sometimes behind. I'm assuming the basic idea is to use a
floating plastic bait so it will suspend off the bottom, correct?
Anyway is it worth trying? What is your preferred method of rigging
this?