PDA

View Full Version : Well done Ashford Tackle

Keith M
June 11th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Hi all
There has been a bit of talk in this NG whether to buy mail order or not.
I always advocate localy and today proves the point.
On the beach at 5pm today the handle retaining screw fell off my new fixed
spool reel.
Gone, into the ogin, never to be seen again.
Into the car and by 5.30 I'm back home and at Ashford Tackle (Faversham,
Kent) where I bought it.
(I've also bought a lot of other tackle there over the last couple of years)
5.35pm walking out of the shop, new screw supplied and fitted FOC. No
argument, no problem just straight foreward good honest service.

Well Done and Thanks, Ashford Tackle

Imagine the pain and grief if I had bought the reel mail order!! I'd rather
not.
I also I reckon that after P & P mail order isn't much if any better than
the deals I can get locally - what do you guys think.

Keith M

reg
June 11th, 2005, 07:25 PM
"Keith M" > wrote in message
> Hi all
> There has been a bit of talk in this NG whether to buy mail order or not.
> I always advocate localy and today proves the point.
> On the beach at 5pm today the handle retaining screw fell off my new fixed
> spool reel.
> Gone, into the ogin, never to be seen again.
> Into the car and by 5.30 I'm back home and at Ashford Tackle (Faversham,
> Kent) where I bought it.
> (I've also bought a lot of other tackle there over the last couple of
years)
> 5.35pm walking out of the shop, new screw supplied and fitted FOC. No
> argument, no problem just straight foreward good honest service.
>
> Well Done and Thanks, Ashford Tackle
>
> Imagine the pain and grief if I had bought the reel mail order!! I'd
rather
> not.
> I also I reckon that after P & P mail order isn't much if any better than
> the deals I can get locally - what do you guys think.
>
> Keith M

i agree about trying to buy locally , if you don't use your local tackle
shop dealer your going to lose them to the big mail order boys, I was after
two carp rods thought about going mail order, but decided to give my local
dealer ago, they had them in stock and not only that they matched the price
as well & no P+P to pay.
I grant you most don't carry as much stock as the mail order guys, but give
them the chance and 9 times out of 10 they will have it for you the next
day.