PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for North Carolina coast

George Kincaid
June 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Does anybody have know some good spots there? Morehead City area? Thanks.

Riteous Right Reverend Mahmoud Bin Changstein
June 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
Depends on what kind of fishing you want to do. For trout, flounder,
spots or puppy drum you can't beat the "Haystacks" in the Newport
River. Cobia fishing is best right at the Marine Fisheries dock in
Bogue Sound. Kings and spanish are plentiful between the artificail
reef and Bogue Banks. The spanish closer to shore than kings this time
of year but by August kings will be caught on surf rods. Head offshore
toward the bell bouy following grass lines and you're almost certain
to catch some dolphin, amberjack or king mackerel. A few miles further
offshore and you're in blue marlin and sailfish territory. If you
prefer inshore fishing flounder are abundant around the middle marsh
near Harker's island, in the state port at Morehead and also at the
hook of Cape Lookout.

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:20:01 GMT, "George Kincaid"
> wrote:

>Does anybody have know some good spots there? Morehead City area? Thanks.

j647
June 27th, 2005, 12:16 AM
thanks for the information!
"Riteous Right Reverend Mahmoud Bin Changstein" > wrote in
message ...
> Depends on what kind of fishing you want to do. For trout, flounder,
> spots or puppy drum you can't beat the "Haystacks" in the Newport
> River. Cobia fishing is best right at the Marine Fisheries dock in
> Bogue Sound. Kings and spanish are plentiful between the artificail
> reef and Bogue Banks. The spanish closer to shore than kings this time
> of year but by August kings will be caught on surf rods. Head offshore
> toward the bell bouy following grass lines and you're almost certain
> to catch some dolphin, amberjack or king mackerel. A few miles further
> offshore and you're in blue marlin and sailfish territory. If you
> prefer inshore fishing flounder are abundant around the middle marsh
> near Harker's island, in the state port at Morehead and also at the
> hook of Cape Lookout.
>

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 20:20:01 GMT, "George Kincaid"
> > wrote:
>
>>Does anybody have know some good spots there? Morehead City area? Thanks.

George Kincaid
July 8th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Thanks everybody. I'm afraid we had some trouble and some of us got sick,
but we'll go fishing down there in the late fall, Dad sys. We'll keep the
info from you all handy, though!
m...