PDA

View Full Version : Personal Locator Beacon

Roy Randolph
March 19th, 2004, 06:52 PM
been reading about the fact that my EPIRB will no longer get me any help on
the water and I need to find a new 406Mhz PLB ( Personal Locator Beacon )
now the Pains-Wessex "Fast Find Plus"
http://www.painswessex.com/?Menu=17&Page=/Contents/ListProducts.asp&ID=1026

seems to be the better choice unless you have access to a military one like
the "navysbir/PLBVT"
http://www.navysbir.brtrc.com/SuccessStories/signal.html

I found the fast find plus for $870.00 can any one find it for lower? or
does any one know of a unit w GPS for less?

Baitgal
March 20th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Hi Roy,

Please check out this catalog at
http://www.cwrelectronics.com/cwr2003.pdf
There are units with gps and MFRP ranges in that catalog.
Email me for further info if interested. (I don't want to spam our
newsgroup).

Thanks,

Beverly aka BaitGal

"Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> been reading about the fact that my EPIRB will no longer get me any help
on
> the water and I need to find a new 406Mhz PLB ( Personal Locator Beacon )
> now the Pains-Wessex "Fast Find Plus"

http://www.painswessex.com/?Menu=17&Page=/Contents/ListProducts.asp&ID=1026

> seems to be the better choice unless you have access to a military one
like
> the "navysbir/PLBVT"
> http://www.navysbir.brtrc.com/SuccessStories/signal.html
>
> I found the fast find plus for $870.00 can any one find it for lower? or
> does any one know of a unit w GPS for less?

Roy Randolph
March 20th, 2004, 01:02 AM
WOW! That's expensive! I can find most of them for 1/3 less I'm looking for
a PLB that has the GPS with it and under the $870 I found the Pains-Wessex
"Fast Find Plus" for

Maybe I'm better off just getting the fast find plus

"Baitgal" > wrote in message
m...
> Hi Roy,
>
> Please check out this catalog at
> http://www.cwrelectronics.com/cwr2003.pdf
> There are units with gps and MFRP ranges in that catalog.
> Email me for further info if interested. (I don't want to spam our
> newsgroup).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Beverly aka BaitGal
>

> "Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> > been reading about the fact that my EPIRB will no longer get me any help
> on
> > the water and I need to find a new 406Mhz PLB ( Personal Locator
Beacon )
> > now the Pains-Wessex "Fast Find Plus"

http://www.painswessex.com/?Menu=17&Page=/Contents/ListProducts.asp&ID=1026

> > seems to be the better choice unless you have access to a military one
> like
> > the "navysbir/PLBVT"
> > http://www.navysbir.brtrc.com/SuccessStories/signal.html
> >
> > I found the fast find plus for $870.00 can any one find it for lower? or
> > does any one know of a unit w GPS for less?

Baitgal
March 20th, 2004, 01:10 AM
What your'e looking at is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price in that
catalog.
Most retailers use that as a "base" price for advertising.
The price you can get products for listed in that catalog would be lower
than the price you are seeing.
If you see something you are interested in, please feel free to contact me.
(No spam intended folks, I think I confused Roy with my previous post.
Sorry)

Beverly

"Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> WOW! That's expensive! I can find most of them for 1/3 less I'm looking
for
> a PLB that has the GPS with it and under the $870 I found the Pains-Wessex
> "Fast Find Plus" for
>

> Maybe I'm better off just getting the fast find plus
>

> "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Hi Roy,
> >
> > Please check out this catalog at
> > http://www.cwrelectronics.com/cwr2003.pdf
> > There are units with gps and MFRP ranges in that catalog.
> > Email me for further info if interested. (I don't want to spam our
> > newsgroup).
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Beverly aka BaitGal
> >

> > "Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> > > been reading about the fact that my EPIRB will no longer get me any
help
> > on
> > > the water and I need to find a new 406Mhz PLB ( Personal Locator
> Beacon )
> > > now the Pains-Wessex "Fast Find Plus"

http://www.painswessex.com/?Menu=17&Page=/Contents/ListProducts.asp&ID=1026

> > > seems to be the better choice unless you have access to a military one
> > like
> > > the "navysbir/PLBVT"
> > > http://www.navysbir.brtrc.com/SuccessStories/signal.html
> > >
> > > I found the fast find plus for $870.00 can any one find it for lower?
or
> > > does any one know of a unit w GPS for less?

Roy Randolph
March 20th, 2004, 01:16 AM
LOL not hard to confuse me!
I didn't see any small units in there (could be confused again) like the
fast find plus I run a 21 foot bass boat and I need a PLB that I can keep in
the life jacket

I must say there's a lot to look at there!

Thanks!

"Baitgal" > wrote in message
m...
> What your'e looking at is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price in
that
> catalog.
> Most retailers use that as a "base" price for advertising.
> The price you can get products for listed in that catalog would be lower
> than the price you are seeing.
> If you see something you are interested in, please feel free to contact
me.
> (No spam intended folks, I think I confused Roy with my previous post.
> Sorry)
>
> Beverly
>
> "Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> > WOW! That's expensive! I can find most of them for 1/3 less I'm looking
> for
> > a PLB that has the GPS with it and under the $870 I found the
Pains-Wessex
> > "Fast Find Plus" for
> >

> > Maybe I'm better off just getting the fast find plus
> >

> > "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > > Hi Roy,
> > >
> > > Please check out this catalog at
> > > http://www.cwrelectronics.com/cwr2003.pdf
> > > There are units with gps and MFRP ranges in that catalog.
> > > Email me for further info if interested. (I don't want to spam our
> > > newsgroup).
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Beverly aka BaitGal

> help
> > > on
> > Beacon )

http://www.painswessex.com/?Menu=17&Page=/Contents/ListProducts.asp&ID=1026

> > > like

> or

Baitgal
March 20th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Ok....by law I can't email you directly to try and sell you something.
if you want to email me at I can try and email you
some info.
By no means will you ever get further emails after that unless you request
so.
I also won't be replying regarding this post in this newsgroup (I don't want
to "cross the line" on the rules here.)
Thank you ROFB for not getting upset with me:)

Beverly aka BaitGal

"Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> LOL not hard to confuse me!
> I didn't see any small units in there (could be confused again) like the
> fast find plus I run a 21 foot bass boat and I need a PLB that I can keep
in
> the life jacket
>
> I must say there's a lot to look at there!
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> m...
> > What your'e looking at is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price in
> that
> > catalog.
> > Most retailers use that as a "base" price for advertising.
> > The price you can get products for listed in that catalog would be lower
> > than the price you are seeing.
> > If you see something you are interested in, please feel free to contact
> me.
> > (No spam intended folks, I think I confused Roy with my previous post.
> > Sorry)
> >
> > Beverly
> >
> > "Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> > > WOW! That's expensive! I can find most of them for 1/3 less I'm
looking
> > for
> > > a PLB that has the GPS with it and under the $870 I found the
> Pains-Wessex
> > > "Fast Find Plus" for
> > >

> > > Maybe I'm better off just getting the fast find plus
> > >

> > > "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> > > m...

> > help
> > > Beacon )

http://www.painswessex.com/?Menu=17&Page=/Contents/ListProducts.asp&ID=1026

> one

> lower?
> > or

Roy Randolph
March 20th, 2004, 01:45 AM
You Got Mail!

"Baitgal" > wrote in message
m...
> Ok....by law I can't email you directly to try and sell you something.
> if you want to email me at I can try and email you
> some info.
> By no means will you ever get further emails after that unless you request
> so.
> I also won't be replying regarding this post in this newsgroup (I don't
want
> to "cross the line" on the rules here.)
> Thank you ROFB for not getting upset with me:)
>
> Beverly aka BaitGal
>

> "Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> > LOL not hard to confuse me!
> > I didn't see any small units in there (could be confused again) like the
> > fast find plus I run a 21 foot bass boat and I need a PLB that I can
keep
> in
> > the life jacket
> >
> > I must say there's a lot to look at there!
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > > What your'e looking at is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price in
> > that
> > > catalog.
> > > Most retailers use that as a "base" price for advertising.
> > > The price you can get products for listed in that catalog would be
lower
> > > than the price you are seeing.
> > > If you see something you are interested in, please feel free to
contact
> > me.
> > > (No spam intended folks, I think I confused Roy with my previous post.
> > > Sorry)
> > >
> > > Beverly

> looking
> > > for
> > Pains-Wessex

> our

> any
> > > help

http://www.painswessex.com/?Menu=17&Page=/Contents/ListProducts.asp&ID=1026

> > one

> > lower?
> > > or

Baitgal
March 20th, 2004, 03:21 AM
You got mail also!
I found you a better price for the Fast Find at a competitors...oh well:)

"Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> You Got Mail!
>
> "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Ok....by law I can't email you directly to try and sell you something.
> > if you want to email me at I can try and email you
> > some info.
> > By no means will you ever get further emails after that unless you
request
> > so.
> > I also won't be replying regarding this post in this newsgroup (I don't
> want
> > to "cross the line" on the rules here.)
> > Thank you ROFB for not getting upset with me:)
> >
> > Beverly aka BaitGal
> >

> > "Roy Randolph" > wrote in message
> > > LOL not hard to confuse me!
> > > I didn't see any small units in there (could be confused again) like
the
> > > fast find plus I run a 21 foot bass boat and I need a PLB that I can
> keep
> > in
> > > the life jacket
> > >
> > > I must say there's a lot to look at there!
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> > > m...
> > > that