PDA

View Full Version : Caught some bass!

Thundercat
March 21st, 2004, 12:01 AM
I managed to get some catching done on Friday!

I got a call around 2:45 yesterday afternoon from another member of my
bass club telling me to be at his house by 3:10. We were being given
an opportunity to go and fish a couple of lakes on Duke Estates (
http://fdncenter.org/grantmaker/dorisduke/dukefarms.html ). This being
a possible once in a lifetime chance, I immediately changed my current
heading and made a beeline to Jim’s house. I pulled up to his house at
3:10 on the nose and helped him assemble his tackle. The person that
was letting us into the estate arrived shortly after. We all jumped in
my truck and off we bolted.

We pulled up to the guard shack at approximately 4:00 and were
politely waved in. After a short 20-minute tour of part of the
property and a few of its lakes, we pulled off to fish. It wasn’t 10
minutes until the first small bass was landed. Over the next hour and
a half, we landed 25 bass between the three of us; eleven of which
were mine. Nothing of any real size was caught, with the largest
weighing in just over 2 pounds and a couple (3 or 4) dinks thrown in.
The largest I caught was a long but skinny little bass that barely
ticked the one and a half pound mark (pic on abpf). Most of my fish
were right around 12". I must say it was great to feel the tug at the
end of my line again.

I can’t wait until Okee...

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Joe Haubenreich
March 21st, 2004, 01:15 PM
Charles and I got out yesterday (Saturday) for the first time this year. We
really have no excuse, as mild as our winter has been. Our first bass was
just over 3 pounds, and it was followed by three smaller ones plus a turtle
that I hooked on my Rattlin' Rap. (Firetiger, 3/8 ounce, in case some of you
are interested in catching turtles this year.)

I'm looking forward to Okeechobee, too. Glad to know for sure you'll be
there. You have been on the roster, but I didn't know it had been confirmed.

Joe