PDA

View Full Version : Okee, here we come

alwayfishking
March 21st, 2004, 01:26 PM
It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to me
anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that god
awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe, I'll
have Harry for ya!!!!

Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or two!!!!!!

Randy-

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
March 21st, 2004, 02:44 PM
If you want I'll bring the tin boat over and leave it at the motel for you guys to putter around in. You get free use of the dock
with your room so you can register the boat to your room. Doc

"alwayfishking" > wrote in message ...
It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to me
anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that god
awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe, I'll
have Harry for ya!!!!

Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or two!!!!!!

Randy-

Jerry Barton
March 21st, 2004, 03:48 PM
Sean, Drew, Bass Pro, and myself, will be there Tues. night on the 20th.

"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
> April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to me
> anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that god
> awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
> fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe, I'll
> have Harry for ya!!!!
>
> Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or two!!!!!!
>
> Randy-

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 21st, 2004, 03:48 PM
"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
> April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to me
> anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that god
> awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
> fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe, I'll
> have Harry for ya!!!!
>
> Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or two!!!!!!

I'm planning on driving down, leaving Rhinelander on the morning of the
19th. According to Mapquest, 25 hours and 27 minutes and1,592.98 miles
later, I should be pulling into Okeechobee. I'll bet I can cut a couple
hours off that time!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Thundercat
March 21st, 2004, 04:19 PM
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:48:42 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> wrote:
>
>"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
>> It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
>> April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to me
>> anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that god
>> awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
>> fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe, I'll
>> have Harry for ya!!!!
>>
>> Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or two!!!!!!
>
>I'm planning on driving down, leaving Rhinelander on the morning of the
>19th. According to Mapquest, 25 hours and 27 minutes and1,592.98 miles
>later, I should be pulling into Okeechobee. I'll bet I can cut a couple
>hours off that time!

Looks like a whole bunch of us will be down there early! Great! This
is gunna be one helluvatime! Randy, I think we'll need more chicken...

;-)

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.
Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Charles B. Summers
March 21st, 2004, 04:35 PM
Add TNBass to that list Jerry. We'll be in his truck, pulling my boat.

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures
"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> Sean, Drew, Bass Pro, and myself, will be there Tues. night on the 20th.
>
> "alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> > It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
> > April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to me
> > anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that
god
> > awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
> > fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe, I'll
> > have Harry for ya!!!!
> >
> > Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or
two!!!!!!

> > Randy-

Jerry Barton
March 21st, 2004, 07:56 PM
There seems to be a lot of names that aren't on the roster yet.

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:48:42 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> > wrote:
> >
> >"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> >> It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
> >> April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to
me
> >> anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that
god
> >> awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
> >> fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe,
I'll
> >> have Harry for ya!!!!
> >>
> >> Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or
two!!!!!!

> >I'm planning on driving down, leaving Rhinelander on the morning of the
> >19th. According to Mapquest, 25 hours and 27 minutes and1,592.98 miles
> >later, I should be pulling into Okeechobee. I'll bet I can cut a couple
> >hours off that time!
>
> Looks like a whole bunch of us will be down there early! Great! This
> is gunna be one helluvatime! Randy, I think we'll need more chicken...
>
> ;-)
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Joe Haubenreich
March 21st, 2004, 11:02 PM
If you're planning to be at Okeechobee and your name isn't on the roster
(http://moebassguide.com/roster.html), then register so we'll have an idea
of how many boats will be needed.

Joe H.
__________________
"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
There seems to be a lot of names that aren't on the roster yet.

<snip>

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 21st, 2004, 11:47 PM
"Joe Haubenreich" > wrote in message
> If you're planning to be at Okeechobee and your name isn't on the roster
> (http://moebassguide.com/roster.html), then register so we'll have an idea
> of how many boats will be needed.

All right, all right, I registered.....
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Thundercat
March 22nd, 2004, 01:21 AM
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:02:40 -0600, "Joe Haubenreich"
> wrote:

>If you're planning to be at Okeechobee and your name isn't on the roster
>(http://moebassguide.com/roster.html), then register so we'll have an idea
>of how many boats will be needed.
>
>Joe H.
>__________________
>"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
>There seems to be a lot of names that aren't on the roster yet.
>
><snip>

Just added a late addition, my baby bro will be attending (he's 23).

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Jerry Barton
March 22nd, 2004, 01:29 AM
OMG...2 of you ??

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:02:40 -0600, "Joe Haubenreich"
> > wrote:
>
> >If you're planning to be at Okeechobee and your name isn't on the roster
> >(http://moebassguide.com/roster.html), then register so we'll have an
idea
> >of how many boats will be needed.
> >
> >Joe H.
> >__________________
> >"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> >There seems to be a lot of names that aren't on the roster yet.
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> Just added a late addition, my baby bro will be attending (he's 23).
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Jerry Barton
March 22nd, 2004, 01:29 AM
We're still missing the Hare's.

"Thundercat" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:02:40 -0600, "Joe Haubenreich"
> > wrote:
>
> >If you're planning to be at Okeechobee and your name isn't on the roster
> >(http://moebassguide.com/roster.html), then register so we'll have an
idea
> >of how many boats will be needed.
> >
> >Joe H.
> >__________________
> >"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> >There seems to be a lot of names that aren't on the roster yet.
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> Just added a late addition, my baby bro will be attending (he's 23).
>
> Harry J aka Thundercat
> Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

Henry Hefner
March 22nd, 2004, 01:53 AM
Thundercat wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:02:40 -0600, "Joe Haubenreich"
> > wrote:
>

>>If you're planning to be at Okeechobee and your name isn't on the roster
>>(http://moebassguide.com/roster.html), then register so we'll have an idea
>>of how many boats will be needed.
>>
>>Joe H.
>>__________________
>>"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
>>There seems to be a lot of names that aren't on the roster yet.
>>
>><snip>
>>
> Just added a late addition, my baby bro will be attending (he's 23).

Thunderkitten? :)

Chris S
March 22nd, 2004, 03:28 AM
Chris,Mike,Jim and Dave hope to be there Tuesday the 20th in the morning
and fish later in the day :)

Chris

"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
> April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to me
> anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that god
> awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
> fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe, I'll
> have Harry for ya!!!!
>
> Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or two!!!!!!
>
> Randy-

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 22nd, 2004, 11:35 AM
"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> We're still missing the Hare's.

Kevin and Terri are coming down. I don't know if Terri is fishing or not
though. I'll tell Kevin to register.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Kevin Hare
March 22nd, 2004, 02:34 PM
Heavy will be there and he WILL be bringing the secret weapon! That's
right fellas, Terri is coming along too! :)) She won't be fishing
the Classic but we plan on going out together on Sunday. We will be
flying into Orlando on the 20th and driving on down that day so I will
be looking for a boat for a day or two of practice as well???? See
you all in a couple of weeks!

Thanks for the Yuengling Randy! Might just have to break those out as
soon as I can get them iced down!!!!!

Heavy

"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message >...
> We're still missing the Hare's.
>

> "Thundercat" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:02:40 -0600, "Joe Haubenreich"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >If you're planning to be at Okeechobee and your name isn't on the roster
> > >(http://moebassguide.com/roster.html), then register so we'll have an
> idea
> > >of how many boats will be needed.
> > >
> > >Joe H.
> > >__________________
> > >"Jerry Barton" > wrote in message
> > >There seems to be a lot of names that aren't on the roster yet.
> > >
> > ><snip>
> > >
> > Just added a late addition, my baby bro will be attending (he's 23).
> >
> > Harry J aka Thundercat
> > Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
> > http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
> > Share the knowledge, compete on execution.

alwayfishking
March 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
This is gonna be something else, for those of you who are not coming, you
will miss something special, You might want to reconsider coming down to
Florida.

I need some more line and a few more weights and hooks, but evrything else
seems to have been packed and shipped by Bass pro shops nicely, as well as
some donated plastics that I definetly will catch fish with. This is going
to be awesome, just need to throw the rod wraps around, would hate to make
the trip with Harry and have all my rods nice and neat. Wouldn't be the
same.

Doc I'll take you up on your offer just in case somebody doesn't want to
spend a day or two on the water with me but can't imagine that happening : )

I figure day one draw is a crap shoot but day two I'll be on the back of the
Nitro for sure. Need me to bring anything Charles?
"Chris S" > wrote in message
> Chris,Mike,Jim and Dave hope to be there Tuesday the 20th in the morning
> and fish later in the day :)
>
> Chris
>
> "alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> > It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida on
> > April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to me
> > anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that
god
> > awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
> > fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe, I'll
> > have Harry for ya!!!!
> >
> > Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or
two!!!!!!

> > Randy-

Baitgal
March 22nd, 2004, 04:22 PM
We want to be there!....*stomping foot*
Ya'll should bring that tournament down to Texas where the BIG fish are:)
Good luck everyone ...have fun...catch the big one and stay safe!

Beverly aka BaitGal

"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> This is gonna be something else, for those of you who are not coming, you
> will miss something special, You might want to reconsider coming down to
> Florida.
>
> I need some more line and a few more weights and hooks, but evrything else
> seems to have been packed and shipped by Bass pro shops nicely, as well as
> some donated plastics that I definetly will catch fish with. This is going
> to be awesome, just need to throw the rod wraps around, would hate to make
> the trip with Harry and have all my rods nice and neat. Wouldn't be the
> same.
>
> Doc I'll take you up on your offer just in case somebody doesn't want to
> spend a day or two on the water with me but can't imagine that happening
: )

> I figure day one draw is a crap shoot but day two I'll be on the back of
the
> Nitro for sure. Need me to bring anything Charles?
> "Chris S" > wrote in message
> > Chris,Mike,Jim and Dave hope to be there Tuesday the 20th in the morning
> > and fish later in the day :)
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> > > It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida
on
> > > April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to
me
> > > anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that
> god
> > > awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
> > > fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe,
I'll
> > > have Harry for ya!!!!
> > >
> > > Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or
> two!!!!!!
> > >
> > > Randy-

Jerry Barton
March 22nd, 2004, 04:22 PM
We need more chicken !!!!!!!

"alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> This is gonna be something else, for those of you who are not coming, you
> will miss something special, You might want to reconsider coming down to
> Florida.
>
> I need some more line and a few more weights and hooks, but evrything else
> seems to have been packed and shipped by Bass pro shops nicely, as well as
> some donated plastics that I definetly will catch fish with. This is going
> to be awesome, just need to throw the rod wraps around, would hate to make
> the trip with Harry and have all my rods nice and neat. Wouldn't be the
> same.
>
> Doc I'll take you up on your offer just in case somebody doesn't want to
> spend a day or two on the water with me but can't imagine that happening
: )

> I figure day one draw is a crap shoot but day two I'll be on the back of
the
> Nitro for sure. Need me to bring anything Charles?
> "Chris S" > wrote in message
> > Chris,Mike,Jim and Dave hope to be there Tuesday the 20th in the morning
> > and fish later in the day :)
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > "alwayfishking" > wrote in message
> > > It's o-fish-all...Thundercat and Fishking will be heading to Florida
on
> > > April 19,2004, for some more chaos and fishing. The snow can't get to
me
> > > anymore cause I know it's just a few weeks from now that we take that
> god
> > > awful drive, but a drive well worth it. Can't wait to get there and go
> > > fishing and bullship with everyone. Kevin, I'll have the beer, Moe,
I'll
> > > have Harry for ya!!!!
> > >
> > > Who is coming in when? we need a boat to prefish in for a day or
> two!!!!!!
> > >
> > > Randy-

Henry Hefner
March 23rd, 2004, 04:17 AM
Baitgal wrote:

> We want to be there!....*stomping foot*
> Ya'll should bring that tournament down to Texas where the BIG fish are:)
> Good luck everyone ...have fun...catch the big one and stay safe!
>
> Beverly aka BaitGal

I'd sure go for that! Lake Fork!

Baitgal
March 23rd, 2004, 04:20 AM
Yeah!
We would show them foreigners what real BASS are eh?:)....lol!

"Henry Hefner" > wrote in message
> Baitgal wrote:
>
> > We want to be there!....*stomping foot*
> > Ya'll should bring that tournament down to Texas where the BIG fish
are:)
> > Good luck everyone ...have fun...catch the big one and stay safe!
> >
> > Beverly aka BaitGal
>
> I'd sure go for that! Lake Fork!

Henry Hefner
March 23rd, 2004, 05:00 AM
Baitgal wrote:

> Yeah!
> We would show them foreigners what real BASS are eh?:)....lol!

Not knocking Texas, cause ever'body knows things are bigger in Texas,
but didn't the bass start getting bigger after FLORIDA strain bass were
introduced?

Texas, the only state that was once a Republic!
Sometimes I wish it still was!

Baitgal
March 23rd, 2004, 02:53 PM
Shoot...looks like your'e absolutely right!
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/030630a.phtml
Ok...I'll quit bragging...lol

"Henry Hefner" > wrote in message
> Baitgal wrote:
>
> > Yeah!
> > We would show them foreigners what real BASS are eh?:)....lol!
>
> Not knocking Texas, cause ever'body knows things are bigger in Texas,
> but didn't the bass start getting bigger after FLORIDA strain bass were
> introduced?

> Texas, the only state that was once a Republic!
> Sometimes I wish it still was!

Henry Hefner
March 24th, 2004, 03:56 AM
Baitgal wrote:
> Shoot...looks like your'e absolutely right!
> http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/030630a.phtml
> Ok...I'll quit bragging...lol

Hey, it's not bragging if its true!

Keep right on with it. They may be Florida strain bass, but we grow them
bigger! The largest certified LMB in Florida is 17.27# , while in Texas,
it's 18.18#

Baitgal
March 24th, 2004, 04:18 AM
Okie doke:)
Even our egos are big here in Texas...lol

"Henry Hefner" > wrote in message
> Baitgal wrote:
> > Shoot...looks like your'e absolutely right!
> > http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/030630a.phtml
> > Ok...I'll quit bragging...lol
>
> Hey, it's not bragging if its true!
>
> Keep right on with it. They may be Florida strain bass, but we grow them
> bigger! The largest certified LMB in Florida is 17.27# , while in Texas,
> it's 18.18#

Calif Bill
March 24th, 2004, 06:46 AM
"Baitgal" > wrote in message
m...
> Okie doke:)
> Even our egos are big here in Texas...lol
>

> "Henry Hefner" > wrote in message
> > Baitgal wrote:
> > > Shoot...looks like your'e absolutely right!
> > > http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/news/news/030630a.phtml
> > > Ok...I'll quit bragging...lol
> >
> > Hey, it's not bragging if its true!
> >
> > Keep right on with it. They may be Florida strain bass, but we grow them
> > bigger! The largest certified LMB in Florida is 17.27# , while in Texas,
> > it's 18.18#

They like California better. But we do feed them trout.

Baitgal
March 24th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Trout?????
Sheeesh...that's like feeding bass minnows in this part of the country!
I heard tell once that LM's are starting to feast on deer due to the lack of
"minnow" trout in Texas:)

"Calif Bill" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Okie doke:)
> > Even our egos are big here in Texas...lol

> > > Hey, it's not bragging if its true!
> > >
> > > Keep right on with it. They may be Florida strain bass, but we grow
them
> > > bigger! The largest certified LMB in Florida is 17.27# , while in
Texas,
> > > it's 18.18#
> >

> They like California better. But we do feed them trout.

Calif Bill
March 25th, 2004, 01:35 AM
"Baitgal" > wrote in message
> Trout?????
> Sheeesh...that's like feeding bass minnows in this part of the country!
> I heard tell once that LM's are starting to feast on deer due to the lack
of
> "minnow" trout in Texas:)
>

> "Calif Bill" > wrote in message
> hlink.net...
> >
> > "Baitgal" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > > Okie doke:)
> > > Even our egos are big here in Texas...lol

> them
> Texas,
> > >

> > They like California better. But we do feed them trout.

Husband of my wife's friend was fishing a local stocked lake. He hooked a
nice trout, probably 12-16" and as he was reeling in the fish, he said a big
bass, came up and chomped the trout and broke him off. I believe it. I
have seen 12-14# trout in this lake. Not able to get them to bite, but have
seen them. Last spawn, I was float tubing the main lake and only got 1
trout on a dropshot rig. No bass. Had 5 swimming one time about 4' from my
fins. Tried everything. And they ranged from probably 3# smallest to maybe
7# largest. Is an old gravel quarry, so always stays clear.
Bill

alwayfishking
March 25th, 2004, 11:55 PM
I read somewhere that the only bass program California has is the trout
trucks that come every tuesday and thursday. Oh yeah and the perfect
enviroment thing. Might be doing a trip to California this summer in the San
Diego area. Hope to get a few days out fishing
link.net...