PDA

View Full Version : o/b carb cleaner

RB
March 21st, 2004, 11:59 PM
I heard some guys talking about some supposedly commonly available product I
think was called "tuneup" or something similar to that.

I take it that it's used when you get water to the engine through the fuel
line (which I think I did--from an aux tank). And yes, I've already pulled
the strainer, purged the filter, etc. However, I thought i'd try a can or
bottle of whatever the stuff I was hearing about if someone can tell me what
it likely is.

hawgomatic
March 22nd, 2004, 03:45 AM
The product you're referring to is called Engine Tuner made by Bombardier.
It removes carbon from the internal parts of the engine. Great product! I
recommend using it every spring and then change your plugs. You need to
describe your problem in more detail. Stabil is a fuel stabelizer that keeps
fuel from "gelling" and resists condensation problems associated with
storage. Replacing the primer bulb is a cheap and inexpensive way to start
an elimination process. Examine fuel lines and so on to eliminate a fuel
delivery problem. Inspect the wires associated with the power packs. Time,
heat, and vibration can cause a break in the wire. Soemthing to go by is
that fuel problems are ususally constant. Electrical problems are usually
intermittent. If it is bad fuel, siphon as much as you can, add Stabil, and
refuel. It should clear up.

"RB" > wrote in message
. ..
> I heard some guys talking about some supposedly commonly available product
> think was called "tuneup" or something similar to that.
>
> I take it that it's used when you get water to the engine through the fuel
> line (which I think I did--from an aux tank). And yes, I've already
pulled
> the strainer, purged the filter, etc. However, I thought i'd try a can or
> bottle of whatever the stuff I was hearing about if someone can tell me
what
> it likely is.

RB
March 23rd, 2004, 03:42 PM