PDA

View Full Version : Beach fishing - Caravan park

michael musgrave
June 28th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Hi group,

I need to find a caravan park that is close to the sea. I
visited one years ago, but I cant remember where. The site is just behind a
shingle bank, and there is the sea. There is a marina within walking
distance. I think that the area in question is between Poole and Milford on
Sea. Any Ideas? My father can't drive and it would be great if I could leave
him at the caravan and he could go fishing whenever he liked.

Figment
June 28th, 2005, 06:47 PM
"michael musgrave" > wrote in message
> Hi group,
>
> I need to find a caravan park that is close to the sea. I
> visited one years ago, but I cant remember where. The site is just behind
> shingle bank, and there is the sea. There is a marina within walking
> distance. I think that the area in question is between Poole and Milford
> on
> Sea. Any Ideas? My father can't drive and it would be great if I could
> leave
> him at the caravan and he could go fishing whenever he liked.

At the Poole end of your range, there's Rockley Park.

Touring caravans:
http://www.havenholidays.com/dorset/rockleypark/caravan/

For rental Caravans:
http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/holidays/uklodges/parks/rock.asp

To buy:
http://www.rockleypark.co.uk/

The location is near No 4, on this map:
http://www.phc.co.uk/guide.htm

Hope this is of some help,
Regards,
Brian

Paul D
July 4th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Michael,

There is a caravan park right next to Mudeford Quay in Christchurch. This
has easy access to the sea and could very well be the one you are thinking
of ?

regards Paul

"michael musgrave" > wrote in message
> Hi group,
>
> I need to find a caravan park that is close to the sea. I
> visited one years ago, but I cant remember where. The site is just behind
> shingle bank, and there is the sea. There is a marina within walking
> distance. I think that the area in question is between Poole and Milford
> on
> Sea. Any Ideas? My father can't drive and it would be great if I could
> leave
> him at the caravan and he could go fishing whenever he liked.

Colin Jacobs
July 5th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Try Hopton Holiday Village. in Norfolk.
http://www.havenholidays.com

"Paul D" <webmaster > wrote in message
> Michael,
>
> There is a caravan park right next to Mudeford Quay in Christchurch. This
> has easy access to the sea and could very well be the one you are thinking
> of ?
>
> regards Paul
>
> "michael musgrave" > wrote in message
> > Hi group,
> >
> > I need to find a caravan park that is close to the sea. I
> > visited one years ago, but I cant remember where. The site is just
behind
> > shingle bank, and there is the sea. There is a marina within walking
> > distance. I think that the area in question is between Poole and Milford
> > on
> > Sea. Any Ideas? My father can't drive and it would be great if I could
> > leave
> > him at the caravan and he could go fishing whenever he liked.

michael musgrave
July 7th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Hi Paul, do you have a name for the caravan site?

Cheers

Michael

michael musgrave
July 7th, 2005, 10:22 PM
Sorry, I forgot to say "thank you" to everyone else that answered the post.

Neil
July 8th, 2005, 11:33 PM
"michael musgrave" > wrote in message
> Hi Paul, do you have a name for the caravan site?
>
> Cheers
>
> Michael

It used to be "Sandhills" was taken over by Haven Holidays may still have
been known as "Sandhills", has been taken over again I believe so don't know
if the name has been retained.
Regards
Neil

BrianR
July 11th, 2005, 02:10 PM
When did Norfolk move to "between Poole and Milford"?