PDA

View Full Version : lenth x's girth= weight

Ken Blevins
March 25th, 2004, 01:10 AM
If a man caught a fish that was 22 1/2 inches long and the girth around the
fish was 15 3/4th inches [ give or take a 1/4 } what would be the weight. A
six pack of beer is riding on the answer. I say around 5lb's and my fishing
partner say's over 6lb thanks ken

Charles B. Summers
March 25th, 2004, 01:26 AM
According to my BassCalc, that you can have for free, just for asking...
6.64lbs.

--
Charles B. Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

"Ken Blevins" > wrote in message
> If a man caught a fish that was 22 1/2 inches long and the girth around
the
> fish was 15 3/4th inches [ give or take a 1/4 } what would be the weight.
> six pack of beer is riding on the answer. I say around 5lb's and my
fishing
> partner say's over 6lb thanks ken

Ken Blevins
March 25th, 2004, 01:28 AM
I think I lose because the formula I found on the web says the fish weights
6.97 lb's.Oh well maybe Carl will share his beer
Ken
"Ken Blevins" > wrote in message
> If a man caught a fish that was 22 1/2 inches long and the girth around
the
> fish was 15 3/4th inches [ give or take a 1/4 } what would be the weight.
> six pack of beer is riding on the answer. I say around 5lb's and my
fishing
> partner say's over 6lb thanks ken

Swamp Yankee
March 25th, 2004, 12:39 PM
I caught a 24" largemouth With a 18" girth through the Ice two weeks ago.
What would it weigh? Where did you find the chart

"Ken Blevins" > wrote in message
> If a man caught a fish that was 22 1/2 inches long and the girth around
the
> fish was 15 3/4th inches [ give or take a 1/4 } what would be the weight.
> six pack of beer is riding on the answer. I say around 5lb's and my
fishing
> partner say's over 6lb thanks ken

Charles Summers
March 25th, 2004, 02:30 PM
According to my calculator: 8.64lbs! Nice fish!!

"Swamp Yankee" > wrote in message
> I caught a 24" largemouth With a 18" girth through the Ice two weeks ago.
> What would it weigh? Where did you find the chart
>
> "Ken Blevins" > wrote in message
> > If a man caught a fish that was 22 1/2 inches long and the girth around
> the
> > fish was 15 3/4th inches [ give or take a 1/4 } what would be the
weight.
> > six pack of beer is riding on the answer. I say around 5lb's and my
> fishing
> > partner say's over 6lb thanks ken

Marty
March 26th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Swamp Yankee > wrote in message
> I caught a 24" largemouth With a 18" girth through the Ice two weeks ago.
> What would it weigh? Where did you find the chart

The 8.64# is based on a formula:

LxLxG÷1200

There are a lot of calculators on the web, just do a search for bass weight
calculator or something like that and you'll find some.

Charles Summers
March 26th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Aww... cmon... mine is free and I'll e-mail it to whoever wants it. It's
very small (27kb) and was based on the formulas that I got out of this
newsgroup.

Ok, I'll stop whinning now.