PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please, Casting from shore ocean fishing...

Eric
July 7th, 2005, 04:42 AM
I'm heading up to Powell River British Columbia next week and plan to
do some fishing from the shore. I'll be after salmon but anything
would be great.

I have a 10'6" Omni Mooching Rod I plan to use - Is there any problem
with this?

I don't have a reel for it so if you could recommend a make and model
that is right casting, that would be great. I'm looking for
durability, low maintenance and best-bang-for-the-buck quality. I
expect to load it with 30 lbs test, ok?

Any lure suggestions? I'll be using spoons and buzz bombs and I've
read that plugs can be used.

I've not done this before so any and all advice is appreciated.

thanks a lot
Eric