PDA

View Full Version : Re: help required

Derek.Moody
July 12th, 2005, 08:20 PM
x-posted.

In article >, nh
> wrote:
> not having any family or friends who can teach me, can anyone point me in
> the right direction to get tuition as an absolute beginner.

Three options, you might combine them:

Call in at a local tackle shop and ask if there are any local guides or
instructors. (Someone here may know of one.)

Ask at the shop too for contact addresses of fishing clubs - both local and
in areas you would like to fish. Then ask them if they have any tuition
schemes.

Ask those same clubs if they have older members who, although experienced
and skilled anglers, need help with (say) transport or carrying their gear
along steep/rocky banks or are just a little too inform to go on their own.
Then offer to assist them while they help you to catch a few in return.

> if it helps I am in West Yorkshire

Anyone here know the area?

Cheerio,