PDA

View Full Version : sign

Lure builder
March 25th, 2004, 07:41 PM
I went fishing today near a marina. On the end of each dock there is a no
fishing sign. Normally i cast towards the dock from a public dock so i'm not on
their dock. The signs are of doubtful legality. I don't think you can declare
waters near your dock off limits to fishing. The season is really early so I am
bothering nobody.
Picked up another early pike(ot) haven't skunked yet on three outings. What a
sight seeing that pike zoom up and slam my rogue. Going right back out this
evening.

Bob La Londe
March 25th, 2004, 08:29 PM
I know in Arizona it requires a commission order to close public land or
water to hunting or fishing. Even leased land. i.e. A cattle lease or
farming lease absolutely doesn't give the lease holder the right to post
land without a special order from the Arizona Game & Fish department. The
only exception is that a federal agency can close federally managed land by
posting it.

Every legitimate posting of public land I have seen says posted by
commission order #XXXXXX.

There are marinas in Arizona that have signs saying no fishing in Marina. I
believe them to be illegal. They can say no fishing from dock as they own
the dock, but they do not own the water under the dock.

Of course every state will vary.
--
The Security Consultant
http://www.diycomponents.com

(928)782-9765 ofc
(928)782-7873 fax

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I went fishing today near a marina. On the end of each dock there is a no
> fishing sign. Normally i cast towards the dock from a public dock so i'm
not on
> their dock. The signs are of doubtful legality. I don't think you can
declare
> waters near your dock off limits to fishing. The season is really early so
I am
> bothering nobody.
> Picked up another early pike(ot) haven't skunked yet on three outings.
What a
> sight seeing that pike zoom up and slam my rogue. Going right back out
this
> evening.

Charles Summers
March 25th, 2004, 09:02 PM
If it weren't for marinas... we'd have no docks at all, around here.
(Exception is Old Hickory Lake)

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
s.com...
> I know in Arizona it requires a commission order to close public land or
> water to hunting or fishing. Even leased land. i.e. A cattle lease or
> farming lease absolutely doesn't give the lease holder the right to post
> land without a special order from the Arizona Game & Fish department. The
> only exception is that a federal agency can close federally managed land
by
> posting it.
>
> Every legitimate posting of public land I have seen says posted by
> commission order #XXXXXX.
>
> There are marinas in Arizona that have signs saying no fishing in Marina.
> believe them to be illegal. They can say no fishing from dock as they own
> the dock, but they do not own the water under the dock.
>
> Of course every state will vary.
> --
> The Security Consultant
> http://www.diycomponents.com
> Bob La Londe - Owner
> 849 S Ave C
> Yuma, Az 85364
>
> (928)782-9765 ofc
> (928)782-7873 fax
>

> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > I went fishing today near a marina. On the end of each dock there is a
no
> > fishing sign. Normally i cast towards the dock from a public dock so i'm
> not on
> > their dock. The signs are of doubtful legality. I don't think you can
> declare
> > waters near your dock off limits to fishing. The season is really early
so
> I am
> > bothering nobody.
> > Picked up another early pike(ot) haven't skunked yet on three outings.
> What a
> > sight seeing that pike zoom up and slam my rogue. Going right back out
> this
> > evening.

Lure builder
March 26th, 2004, 12:02 AM
It is getting that there is so many regulations and privately placed
restrictions that it is getting disheartening. My theory is if you can work
around them there is a lot of good fishing. A no fishing sign means good
fishing to me.

Dan Krueger
March 26th, 2004, 12:55 AM
Lure builder (formerly "Gone Analing" et al) wrote:
> I went fishing today near a marina after a huge bong hit. On the end of each dock there is a "no
> fishing" sign I that thought would be good for my next AOL screename. Normally i cast towards the
> dock from a public dock so i'm not on
> their dock and occasionally I use correct punctuation and English. The signs are of doubtful legality to a moron like myself.
> I don't think you can declare
> waters near your dock off limits to fishing considering I use broken rods. The season is really early so I am
> bothering nobody but you guys in this newsgroup.
> Picked up another early pike(ot) haven't skunked yet on three outings while high on premiuim cocaine. What a
> sight seeing that pike zoom up and slam my rogue in double vision! Going right back out this
> evening after I score another gram and drop a few hits of acid.

Steve & Chris Clark
March 26th, 2004, 04:08 AM
Every year I like to write the same stunned things and check to see if I am
just as stupid as I was last year. Over the years I have posted this subject
line twice as Jajwuth, once as Spinning angler, once as Lure crafter, once
as Tackle whakerer and now for the first time as the Lure builder. I think
I missed posting this question as the Canoe Annler, Meyer Roth and a couple
of others. I still can't believe these sign remains in the same spots year
after year and that I am still as dumb as a sack of hammers :-/

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> I went fishing today near a marina. On the end of each dock there is a no
> fishing sign. Normally i cast towards the dock from a public dock so i'm
not on
> their dock. The signs are of doubtful legality. I don't think you can
declare
> waters near your dock off limits to fishing. The season is really early so
I am
> bothering nobody.
> Picked up another early pike(ot) haven't skunked yet on three outings.
What a
> sight seeing that pike zoom up and slam my rogue. Going right back out
this
> evening.

---

Calif Bill
March 26th, 2004, 07:16 AM
I think the sign means yu can not fish from shore or docks in the marina.
Keeps a lot of mess out of the immediate area. Fishing from a boat is ok.
Same as the Lure swapper at walmart's signs. The no fishing sign is for the
dock. You can not go out on the dock and fish.
Bill

"Charles Summers" > wrote in message
> If it weren't for marinas... we'd have no docks at all, around here.
> (Exception is Old Hickory Lake)
>

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > I know in Arizona it requires a commission order to close public land or
> > water to hunting or fishing. Even leased land. i.e. A cattle lease or
> > farming lease absolutely doesn't give the lease holder the right to post
> > land without a special order from the Arizona Game & Fish department.
The
> > only exception is that a federal agency can close federally managed land
> by
> > posting it.
> >
> > Every legitimate posting of public land I have seen says posted by
> > commission order #XXXXXX.
> >
> > There are marinas in Arizona that have signs saying no fishing in
Marina.
> > believe them to be illegal. They can say no fishing from dock as they
own
> > the dock, but they do not own the water under the dock.
> >
> > Of course every state will vary.
> > --
> > The Security Consultant
> > http://www.diycomponents.com
> > Bob La Londe - Owner
> > 849 S Ave C
> > Yuma, Az 85364
> >
> > (928)782-9765 ofc
> > (928)782-7873 fax
> >

> > "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > > I went fishing today near a marina. On the end of each dock there is a
> no
> > > fishing sign. Normally i cast towards the dock from a public dock so
i'm
> > not on
> > > their dock. The signs are of doubtful legality. I don't think you can
> > declare
> > > waters near your dock off limits to fishing. The season is really
early
> so
> > I am
> > > bothering nobody.
> > > Picked up another early pike(ot) haven't skunked yet on three outings.
> > What a
> > > sight seeing that pike zoom up and slam my rogue. Going right back out
> > this
> > > evening.

go-bassn
March 26th, 2004, 09:34 PM
And you just keep speeding through those stopsigns...please.

"Lure builder" > wrote in message
> It is getting that there is so many regulations and privately placed
> restrictions that it is getting disheartening. My theory is if you can
work
> around them there is a lot of good fishing. A no fishing sign means good
> fishing to me.

Illinois Fisherman
March 26th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Didn't you know that he needs to be re-trained every year. Shame on you. And
shame on everyone who seriously responds to this fools dribble. Wake up
people, he is a TROLL.

"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> Every year I like to write the same stunned things and check to see if I
am
> just as stupid as I was last year. Over the years I have posted this
subject
> line twice as Jajwuth, once as Spinning angler, once as Lure crafter, once
> as Tackle whakerer and now for the first time as the Lure builder. I
think
> I missed posting this question as the Canoe Annler, Meyer Roth and a
couple
> of others. I still can't believe these sign remains in the same spots
year
> after year and that I am still as dumb as a sack of hammers :-/
>
> "Lure builder" > wrote in message
> > I went fishing today near a marina. On the end of each dock there is a
no
> > fishing sign. Normally i cast towards the dock from a public dock so i'm
> not on
> > their dock. The signs are of doubtful legality. I don't think you can
> declare
> > waters near your dock off limits to fishing. The season is really early
so
> I am
> > bothering nobody.
> > Picked up another early pike(ot) haven't skunked yet on three outings.
> What a
> > sight seeing that pike zoom up and slam my rogue. Going right back out
> this
> > evening.
>

> ---

Steve & Chris Clark
March 26th, 2004, 11:16 PM
........ shame on yourself I.F.

--
Stony

"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
om...
> Didn't you know that he needs to be re-trained every year. Shame on you.
And
> shame on everyone who seriously responds to this fools dribble. Wake up
> people, he is a TROLL.

---

Illinois Fisherman
March 27th, 2004, 01:39 AM
Yes I know --- I said seriously responds. That give me an excuse............
Shucks Stony, I don't take much seriously, except my Family, God, work and
fishing.
Everything else is humorous if seen in a certain light. Even the village
idiot - insert the word Al here - has it's place in society. Although I
wish his place would be on the Canadian fishing board. Even the kings down
through time had the jesters, but they weren't annoying like Al is. I even
believe Will Rogers would say that he only ever met one man he did not like,
and that would be Al.

"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> ....... shame on yourself I.F.
>
> --
> Stony
>
> "Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Didn't you know that he needs to be re-trained every year. Shame on you.
> And
> > shame on everyone who seriously responds to this fools dribble. Wake up
> > people, he is a TROLL.
>

> ---

SamB
March 27th, 2004, 01:56 AM
I'm pretty sure the village idiot has a big W in his name and the blood of a
lot of troops on his hands. Now that IS serious. Back on topic -fishing'
tonight.
SamB
"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
om...
> Yes I know --- I said seriously responds. That give me an
excuse............
> Shucks Stony, I don't take much seriously, except my Family, God, work and
> fishing.
> Everything else is humorous if seen in a certain light. Even the village
> idiot - insert the word Al here - has it's place in society. Although I
> wish his place would be on the Canadian fishing board. Even the kings down
> through time had the jesters, but they weren't annoying like Al is. I even
> believe Will Rogers would say that he only ever met one man he did not
like,
> and that would be Al.
>

> "Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> > ....... shame on yourself I.F.
> >
> > --
> > Stony
> >
> > "Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Didn't you know that he needs to be re-trained every year. Shame on
you.
> > And
> > > shame on everyone who seriously responds to this fools dribble. Wake
up
> > > people, he is a TROLL.
> >

> > ---

Steve & Chris Clark
March 27th, 2004, 02:07 AM
Spoken like a gentleman! Thanks I.F.!
Maybe we (ROFB) need a weekly alerting post that discourages the feeding of
the troll? Sort of a DEF-CON and update on aliases as to nullify interaction
by unsuspecting legitimate posters?
--
Stony

"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
om...
> Yes I know --- I said seriously responds. That give me an
excuse............
> Shucks Stony, I don't take much seriously, except my Family, God, work and
> fishing.
> Everything else is humorous if seen in a certain light. Even the village
> idiot - insert the word Al here - has it's place in society. Although I
> wish his place would be on the Canadian fishing board. Even the kings down
> through time had the jesters, but they weren't annoying like Al is. I even
> believe Will Rogers would say that he only ever met one man he did not
like,
> and that would be Al.
>

> "Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> > ....... shame on yourself I.F.
> >
> > --
> > Stony
> >
> > "Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Didn't you know that he needs to be re-trained every year. Shame on
you.
> > And
> > > shame on everyone who seriously responds to this fools dribble. Wake
up
> > > people, he is a TROLL.
> >

> > ---

---

J Buck
March 27th, 2004, 03:23 AM
<It is getting that there is so many regulations and privately placed
restrictions that it is getting disheartening. My theory is if you can
work around them there is a lot of good fishing. A no fishing sign means
good fishing to me>

<And you just keep speeding through those stopsigns...please>

Probably a serial murderer too <rolling eyes>

Joe Z
March 27th, 2004, 04:13 AM
The only person who was able to get everyone to ignore Al was Moe about a
year(?) ago. We did real good until some innocent newbies joined the group
and then it started again. Come to think of it this is the first time since
then I have responded actually. Dang! ;-( Joe Z.

"Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
Spoken like a gentleman! Thanks I.F.!
Maybe we (ROFB) need a weekly alerting post that discourages the feeding of
the troll? Sort of a DEF-CON and update on aliases as to nullify interaction
by unsuspecting legitimate posters?
--
Stony

"Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
om...
> Yes I know --- I said seriously responds. That give me an
excuse............
> Shucks Stony, I don't take much seriously, except my Family, God, work and
> fishing.
> Everything else is humorous if seen in a certain light. Even the village
> idiot - insert the word Al here - has it's place in society. Although I
> wish his place would be on the Canadian fishing board. Even the kings down
> through time had the jesters, but they weren't annoying like Al is. I even
> believe Will Rogers would say that he only ever met one man he did not
like,
> and that would be Al.
>

> "Steve & Chris Clark" > wrote in message
> > ....... shame on yourself I.F.
> >
> > --
> > Stony
> >
> > "Illinois Fisherman" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Didn't you know that he needs to be re-trained every year. Shame on
you.
> > And
> > > shame on everyone who seriously responds to this fools dribble. Wake
up
> > > people, he is a TROLL.
> >

> > ---

---

Henry Hefner
March 27th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Eric Dreher wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:56:41 GMT, "SamB" > wrote:
>

>>I'm pretty sure the village idiot has a big W in his name and the blood of a
>>lot of troops on his hands. Now that IS serious. Back on topic -fishing'
>>tonight.
>

> I'm VERY sure that the group idiot now has company in my
> killfile.
>
> <plonk><flush>

> Excerpt from his Jan. 20, 2003 resignation letter to
> President Bush:
>
> "It has been an enormous privilege to serve you these
> last 24 months. I will always remember the courage,
> determination, calm, and leadership you demonstrated
> on September 11th." - Richard Clarke

I'm with you, Eric. I don't know why all these people don't just
killfile Al. Some of them rarely post unless it is to flame him. I think
they secretly like his posts.

Henry Hefner
March 27th, 2004, 05:12 AM
J Buck wrote:

> Probably a serial murderer too <rolling eyes>

huh?

J Buck
March 27th, 2004, 05:45 AM
<Probably a serial murderer too <rolling eyes>

<huh?>

Someone made the jump from disregarding No Fishing signs to speeding
thru stop signs. I just (facetiously) took it to another level.

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 27th, 2004, 02:50 PM
"J Buck" > wrote in message
> <It is getting that there is so many regulations and privately placed
> restrictions that it is getting disheartening. My theory is if you can
> work around them there is a lot of good fishing. A no fishing sign means
> good fishing to me>
>
> <And you just keep speeding through those stopsigns...please>
>
> Probably a serial murderer too <rolling eyes>

He killed Captain Crunch???? Oh My God!!! The Horror!!! :)
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

go-bassn
March 28th, 2004, 12:50 AM
speeding through stopsigns aka disregarding signs in general...

you sicko!

WW

"J Buck" > wrote in message
> <Probably a serial murderer too <rolling eyes>
>
> <huh?>
>
> Someone made the jump from disregarding No Fishing signs to speeding
> thru stop signs. I just (facetiously) took it to another level.

J Buck
March 28th, 2004, 03:32 AM

"J Buck" wrote:
<Probably a serial murderer too <rolling eyes>

<huh?>

<Someone made the jump from disregarding No Fishing signs to speeding
thru stop signs. I just (facetiously) took it to another level>

Sheesh, relax, sport. You're the one that made the jump from
disregarding 'no fishing' signs to speeding thru stop signs. Big
difference, imo. No need to be calling me a sicko. Calm the **** down.