PDA

View Full Version : Red tide and Hurricane Dennis - Florida Fishing Info

Texx Smith
July 13th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Red tide and Hurricane Dennis - Florida Fishing Info

Read the latest:

http://floridafishinginformation.com

Charlie Bress
July 13th, 2005, 04:17 PM
"Texx Smith" > wrote in message
om...
> Red tide and Hurricane Dennis - Florida Fishing Info
>
> Read the latest:
>
> http://floridafishinginformation.com

I looked at the link, but didn't see the latest on the red tide.

This am at about 6:15 I was on Manasota beach near and to the south of the
bathing beach.

No sign of red tide. no smell, no coughing, no dead fish.

I hooked and lost two snook and helped Frank unhook a snook. It had a
jawfull of a treble hook
I did land a lady fish. All this on a silver spoon. Left about 7:30.

The shore has been significantly rearranged by Dennis. In some areas there
it was a challenge to find deep water without wading out some distance. High
tide was at about 6:45 am. I plan to go back at low tide to see what the
bottom looks like now.

The beach itself is less than half the width it was last week. A lot of
turtle nests have been washed out, but there were several tracks of new
arrivals over night.

Charlie