PDA

View Full Version : Cargill Fish Management Area

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
March 26th, 2004, 08:16 PM
I'm dragging thew tin boat up to Ft. Meade to give this place a try. I saw on TV that it is now open to the public so I gave them
a call and they sent me a brosure (sp) with a map of the nine phosphate pits that are open. I'll post a report Saturday night or
Sunday. If anyone wants the to get the info the phone number is: 863-499-2421. ask for the literature on the Cargill Fish
Management Area.

Doc

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
March 27th, 2004, 11:01 PM
I'm back. This place is interesting. From one pond to the next you can fish several cover situations and bank cover. The only
draw back I found was every time you want to change ponds you have to go to the guard shack and exchange permits. I stayed about
four hours on the water this morning and boated (and released) 11 fish. 2 where only about a pound and the largest was close to
4lbs. with the average around 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. The big fish I caught on a Lunker City Golden Shiner (thanks Rich) and the majority
on a Pumkin seed Kinami (Senko) wieghtless rigged texas style. Had several hits on a small craw (wieghtless but no hookups (I
suspect just Bluegill playing with it). The wind came up strong befor lunch so I called it a day and loaded up and came home. The
horsepower is restricted to less than 10 HP. It sure felt good to motor past the big boys with my 9.5 while all they could use was
trolling motors <G>. Doc

"Doc (The Tin Boat King)" > wrote in message ...
I'm dragging thew tin boat up to Ft. Meade to give this place a try. I saw on TV that it is now open to the public so I gave them
a call and they sent me a brosure (sp) with a map of the nine phosphate pits that are open. I'll post a report Saturday night or
Sunday. If anyone wants the to get the info the phone number is: 863-499-2421. ask for the literature on the Cargill Fish
Management Area.

Doc

Jim Laumann
March 29th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Doc

Sounds like a neat place that you found. Sounds like the fish sure
were co-operating. And lets hear one for the Tin Boat too!

Jim

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:01:58 -0500, "Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)"