PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird questions. Need help..

William Piersol
December 22nd, 2003, 05:06 AM
Has anyone used any of the Humminbird Matrix depth finders? I was thinking
about buying either the Matrix 20 or the 35. But wanted to get some other
opinions about them.

Bob La Londe
December 22nd, 2003, 05:45 PM
"William Piersol" > wrote in message
> Has anyone used any of the Humminbird Matrix depth finders? I was
thinking
> about buying either the Matrix 20 or the 35. But wanted to get some other
> opinions about them.

I basically shy away from Humminbird. The only way I owuld consdier them is
they offered something nobody else had like the Smart Cast, and then only if
I felt I needed it.

I bought a boat this year that had three humminbird sounders on board. I
tried to contatc them about some tech support issues, replacement
transducer, screen reapir etc... They were basically of the attitude that I
should replace them regardless of the cost and put mroe money in their
pocket. Then they had the gall to offer a total scam trade in offer.
Basically if I sent in a unt they would send me a unti at a "discount."
Whne I checked prices ont he net their discounted price was higher than the
units sold for retail from several different sources.

So far, the more I learn about Humminbird the better I like Garmin.

I'm open to having my mind changed, but the onus is on them.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Allen
April 7th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Had the same problem..mine fogged up on hot days,
another one had a glich in the computer,
and dropped the time log hrs...try a different brand..
Allen @ http://sea4two.net <= fixed some bugs/bad link,
and added some new features. Stop in and give me a review..
no spam! no pop ups! Just fishing/weather/tide information.