PDA

View Full Version : Glow Lures Do They Work

Robin Shortt
March 27th, 2004, 09:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if those glow lures really as good
as the hype.

Thanks Robin
http://www.goodnightcampingequipment.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 27th, 2004, 09:57 PM
"Robin Shortt" > wrote in message
ble.rogers.com...
> I was wondering if anyone could tell me if those glow lures really as good
> as the hype.

Under certain conditions I believe that glow lures can make a difference.
Obviously, night fishing they can certainly produce better because of the
increased visibility, but not always. Glow jigs have made a difference
while fishing stained water too.

But you have to remember that just because a lure glows in the dark, it is
not a magic lure that is going to have fish jumping in the boat. It's just
another weapon in your arsenal, just like having the same lure in different
colors.

The best fishing tool you have is residing right between your ears...
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

RGarri7470
March 28th, 2004, 12:36 AM
>I was wondering if anyone could tell me if those glow lures really as good
>as the hype.
>
>Thanks Robin

No lures are as good as the hype.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RichZ
March 28th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Robin wrote:
> wondering if anyone could tell me if those glow lures really as good
> as the hype.

Glow works in some SW situations, and is popular among walleye anglers. It
is also reputed to work for trout. We looked at glow lures and bass on an
aquaview a couple seasons, and it was very rare for them to actually hit
one. They would often speed in to look at it, then just turn away.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing