PDA

View Full Version : ALVEY Question

moman
July 24th, 2005, 11:38 AM
I have just purchased an Alvey 650B sidecast reel and have come to the
realisation that I will now have to purchase a new beach rod to get the
best from the new Alvey. I want to use 30 pound line and the rod must
not be shorter than 12ft. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Tom Scott
July 25th, 2005, 04:59 PM
>I have just purchased an Alvey 650B sidecast reel and have come to the
> realisation that I will now have to purchase a new beach rod to get the
> best from the new Alvey. I want to use 30 pound line and the rod must
> not be shorter than 12ft. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Rod length and power rating depend on what you are fishing for. I use a
Snyderglas 14'6" rod. Excellent quality rods.

For best casting, Alvey reels require special spacing on the guides, and
reel mount.

Buy rods direct from the best Alvey site on the web, and read more about
rigging Alvey.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/alvey/13.shtml

Old Bugger
July 25th, 2005, 10:25 PM
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:59:27 GMT, "Tom Scott" > wrote:

>>I have just purchased an Alvey 650B sidecast reel and have come to the
>> realisation that I will now have to purchase a new beach rod to get the
>> best from the new Alvey. I want to use 30 pound line and the rod must
>> not be shorter than 12ft. Does anyone have any recomendations?
>
>Rod length and power rating depend on what you are fishing for. I use a
>Snyderglas 14'6" rod. Excellent quality rods.
>
>For best casting, Alvey reels require special spacing on the guides, and
>reel mount.

And the first guide should be extra large.