PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the Côte d'Azur

Rich Strang
July 26th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Hi

I'm going to a place called Port Grimaud in the C=F4te d'Azur region of
South France in a couple of weeks and wondered if it would be worth my
while taking a rod.

I have a very limited knowledge of sea fishing but I thought it could
be fun to take my spinning rod. I plan to try out spinning in the
harbour, do you think i'd stand much chance of catching anything or
would I just be wasting my time?=20

Thanks=20
Rich

joe bloggs
July 26th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Hi,

In my experience on the south of France (Le Lavandu) the locals tend to
float fish bread or small bits of fish in the harbours. Plenty of small fish
(don't know what sort) and mullet like fish up to about 2lb. I took my
spinning rod and fished one evening, but no sign of any takes.

Tight lines

Gareth
"Rich Strang" > wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I'm going to a place called Port Grimaud in the Côte d'Azur region of
South France in a couple of weeks and wondered if it would be worth my
while taking a rod.

I have a very limited knowledge of sea fishing but I thought it could
be fun to take my spinning rod. I plan to try out spinning in the
harbour, do you think i'd stand much chance of catching anything or
would I just be wasting my time?

Thanks
Rich

lobby
July 29th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Hi
I stay at the big camp site at Port Grimaud and fish from the pier there are
big Mullet in the Harbour that will take bread and such like but the good
fishing is out off the elbow on the pier breakwater for Dorado's and
Dorado's royal with artificial baits from the local supermarket I think they
call them wobelies the man to talk to is the bloke in the cyber cafe in the
camp site he is a keen fisherman and he will put you right
KAD
"joe bloggs" <garethw@TAKETHIS BIT OUTameretto.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In my experience on the south of France (Le Lavandu) the locals tend to
> float fish bread or small bits of fish in the harbours. Plenty of small
fish
> (don't know what sort) and mullet like fish up to about 2lb. I took my
> spinning rod and fished one evening, but no sign of any takes.
>
> Tight lines
>
> Gareth
> "Rich Strang" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> Hi
>

> I'm going to a place called Port Grimaud in the Côte d'Azur region of
> South France in a couple of weeks and wondered if it would be worth my
> while taking a rod.
>

> I have a very limited knowledge of sea fishing but I thought it could
> be fun to take my spinning rod. I plan to try out spinning in the
> harbour, do you think i'd stand much chance of catching anything or
> would I just be wasting my time?
>

> Thanks
> Rich

Rich Strang
July 29th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Thanks to everyone that replied. How do I go about using floating
bread, I have heard of some people using bubble floats to enable them
to get some weight to enable a god cast, is this the best way?

Thanks again.

Rich