PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Lure Question

Ross Mac
December 22nd, 2003, 11:37 PM
Hi Folks,

I don't know if I am in the right NG for this but I thought I would take a
shot.
Recently, I recieved for a gift, a couple of hundred antique lures. So I
have my trusty identification and value guide here with a couple of thousand
pictures of lures. Needless to say, even at that, it comes up a little
short.
So, my question is are there any of you that really know this stuff or could
someone point me in the right direction to figure the value of these. I do
know at least 2 of them , so far , are rare. They are on the cover of the
book. One of them is a naked hula popper and the other is crazy crawler.
In any event, any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....Happy
Holidays, Ross
P.S. I am big fishing fan too!

RR
December 23rd, 2003, 05:35 AM
If you know what some of them are, look them up on Ebay and see what they
are going for. Also, you might even want to just browse through ebay for
vintage lures to see if you recognize anything. Bottom line on value is they
are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
"Ross Mac" > wrote in message
> Hi Folks,
>
> I don't know if I am in the right NG for this but I thought I would take a
> shot.
> Recently, I recieved for a gift, a couple of hundred antique lures. So I
> have my trusty identification and value guide here with a couple of
thousand
> pictures of lures. Needless to say, even at that, it comes up a little
> short.
> So, my question is are there any of you that really know this stuff or
could
> someone point me in the right direction to figure the value of these. I do
> know at least 2 of them , so far , are rare. They are on the cover of the
> book. One of them is a naked hula popper and the other is crazy crawler.
> In any event, any and all suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.....Happy
> Holidays, Ross
> P.S. I am big fishing fan too!

Ross Mac
December 23rd, 2003, 07:10 AM
"RR" > wrote in message
> If you know what some of them are, look them up on Ebay and see what they
> are going for. Also, you might even want to just browse through ebay for
> vintage lures to see if you recognize anything. Bottom line on value is
they
> are only worth what someone is willing to pay.
> "Ross Mac" > wrote in message
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I don't know if I am in the right NG for this but I thought I would take
> > shot.
> > Recently, I recieved for a gift, a couple of hundred antique lures. So I
> > have my trusty identification and value guide here with a couple of
> thousand
> > pictures of lures. Needless to say, even at that, it comes up a little
> > short.
> > So, my question is are there any of you that really know this stuff or
> could
> > someone point me in the right direction to figure the value of these. I
do
> > know at least 2 of them , so far , are rare. They are on the cover of
the
> > book. One of them is a naked hula popper and the other is crazy crawler.
> > In any event, any and all suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated.....Happy
> > Holidays, Ross
> > P.S. I am big fishing fan too!

Good advice...thanks...Ross