PDA

View Full Version : Warrior 165 or Seahog Samurai

August 6th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Hi all

Im about to buy a Warrior 165 for fishing, but suddenly i saw there was
a boat called Seahog Samurai that looked very much like the Warrior -
and it was much cheaper !.

Any users here who can tell me about these boats ?.

Quality ? - performance, which one is the best buy ?

Regards

Onslow

Dave
August 9th, 2005, 11:09 PM
Hi Onslow

When I first started to look for a boat I could not find anything I wanted
to know so I made my own web page up about fishing boats and equipment used
on them.

It is a site where in the main, are reports from users of the equipment on
what they thought about their boat or whatever.

Have a look here http://fishing_boats.tripod.com/ if you are interested

If anyone wishes to contribute with some of their thoughts on their boat or
equipment they would be gratefully received, see link on web page, they
don't have to be written in any style I will sort that sort of thing out.

I have a Warrior 165 Mk2 and think they are great and give loads of
confidence in most conditions. Have a 60hp Mariner 4 stroke and on flat clam
sea will do about 25 -28kts. Warriors do have loads of quality history
behind them.

I also know someone who has just bought a Samurai and think its the dogs
b***ks.
All horses for courses.

If you look at Explorer boats be warned they have just gone bust so I have
been told as did the Raider boats!

Remember to think what you are going to tow with and what slipways/beach
launch you will use.

Down side of boating if you trail a boat are the trailer brakes if it is
over 750kgs. Boats under this weight do not need brakes.
They seem to last around 18mths and at £37 each side it is not a cheap
repair.

Why not go down to the Southampton Boat show and try some out then compare

Good luck on your quest.

Dave

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Hi all
>
> Im about to buy a Warrior 165 for fishing, but suddenly i saw there was
> a boat called Seahog Samurai that looked very much like the Warrior -
> and it was much cheaper !.
>
> Any users here who can tell me about these boats ?.
>
> Quality ? - performance, which one is the best buy ?
>
> Regards
>
> Onslow

Corystes
August 14th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I've had a warrior 165 for nearly 2 years. Good boat. Can launch and
retrieve solo. Went and looked round the warrior factory - very impressed.
Paul Haynes, who makes them struck me as a straight up guy. He also took me
about 20 miles to test drive a 165 on a marine lake.
Also got a much better response from warrior than from any of the other
makers I contacted.
I would recommend a half canopy as part of your deal - keeps wind, rain and
sun off a treat.

"Dave" <dave.samuel > wrote in message
> Hi Onslow
>
> When I first started to look for a boat I could not find anything I wanted
> to know so I made my own web page up about fishing boats and equipment
used
> on them.
>
> It is a site where in the main, are reports from users of the equipment on
> what they thought about their boat or whatever.
>
> Have a look here http://fishing_boats.tripod.com/ if you are interested
>
> If anyone wishes to contribute with some of their thoughts on their boat
or
> equipment they would be gratefully received, see link on web page, they
> don't have to be written in any style I will sort that sort of thing out.
>
> I have a Warrior 165 Mk2 and think they are great and give loads of
> confidence in most conditions. Have a 60hp Mariner 4 stroke and on flat
clam
> sea will do about 25 -28kts. Warriors do have loads of quality history
> behind them.
>
> I also know someone who has just bought a Samurai and think its the dogs
> b***ks.
> All horses for courses.
>
> If you look at Explorer boats be warned they have just gone bust so I have
> been told as did the Raider boats!
>
> Remember to think what you are going to tow with and what slipways/beach
> launch you will use.
>
> Down side of boating if you trail a boat are the trailer brakes if it is
> over 750kgs. Boats under this weight do not need brakes.
> They seem to last around 18mths and at £37 each side it is not a cheap
> repair.
>
> Why not go down to the Southampton Boat show and try some out then compare
>
> Good luck on your quest.
>
> Dave
>
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Hi all
> >
> > Im about to buy a Warrior 165 for fishing, but suddenly i saw there was
> > a boat called Seahog Samurai that looked very much like the Warrior -
> > and it was much cheaper !.
> >
> > Any users here who can tell me about these boats ?.
> >
> > Quality ? - performance, which one is the best buy ?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Onslow

Figment
August 16th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Take a look at "Poole Bay Small oat Angling Club" at http://www.pbsbac.co.uk
on the Forums under "Boat Talk" which is here,
http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/forum/index.php?s=172fa99dfee7706e27966c1fc5b2752e&showforum=6
Several of their members have Warriors, they're very helpfull with lots
knowledge and good advice. Not sure if any of their members have a Samurai.

Regards,
Brian

oups.com...