PDA

View Full Version : beginner

mick
August 14th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Hello
I've never been sea fishing before but i'm up reighton sands in 2 weeks.
I've got some coarse gear, I just wondered if I could go spinning off the
beach, or maybe just chuck a ledger out as if I was fishing for carp.
Or am I just wasting my time?
Ta

david
August 14th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I dont know the area at all, so you might be wasting your time. Go into a
lkocal tackle shop and ask them for locations and gear etc, they really are
helpful most of the time.

Shore fishing is good fun - I think the bass are about now and they'll put a
smile on your face!

I use ledger / lure for bass but they go for a variety of other things too
AFAIK. Ask in a tackle shop.
Enjoy.

David

"mick" > wrote in message
> Hello
> I've never been sea fishing before but i'm up reighton sands in 2 weeks.
> I've got some coarse gear, I just wondered if I could go spinning off the
> beach, or maybe just chuck a ledger out as if I was fishing for carp.
> Or am I just wasting my time?
> Ta

Keith M
August 15th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Mick
I dont know what the fishing is like at Reighton (or where it is) but there
is no reason why a carp rod won't work as long as you keep the weight of the
lead and the bait within the limits of the rod and don't need to cast for
miles.
A carp rod, light line & 1 oz max of lead is my fav. set-up these days
providing the sea state is slight & the wind is favourable.
More fish are caughr closer in than you mught think..
Also, as David says, ask the tackle shop for help when you get there.
Tight lines
Keith M

"mick" > wrote in message
> Hello
> I've never been sea fishing before but i'm up reighton sands in 2 weeks.
> I've got some coarse gear, I just wondered if I could go spinning off the
> beach, or maybe just chuck a ledger out as if I was fishing for carp.
> Or am I just wasting my time?
> Ta

fishin' kid
August 16th, 2005, 11:52 AM
i was going for my first sea fishing trip 2 weeks ago but when we got there the tackle shop didn't sell any sea baits so we decided to go another day hope-fully we'll be going this friday,

could any-one suggest some cheap baits that i could use?
also, do you have to use a wire trace when fishing from the beach?

mick
August 16th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Thanks to you and Dave for the help.

Reighton is near Bridlington, they speak Yorkshire up there so i've been
told.
I've been on ebay and got meself a telescopic rod and beginners sea fishing
kit.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7175212819&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

I haven't got a clue as to how to set any of it up.
I need a beginners guide.
How the hell do you set feathers up?
Googletime I reckon.