PDA

View Full Version : Country Victoria

August 21st, 2005, 02:33 PM
Have been doing a little fishing of late round the Ballarat area. It
s good to see that the water level is rising again!

Hasnt been a great deal of fish activity though, can't really blame
them the weather has been freezing!

Anyone else been out and about in regional Vic in fresh water?

Also, I found a cool site the other night, plenty of links to heaps of
fishing related stuff here in Australia. Love the charters section,
can't wait for the next lot of holidays!

August 22nd, 2005, 05:01 AM
wrote:
> Have been doing a little fishing of late round the Ballarat area. It
> s good to see that the water level is rising again!
>
> Hasnt been a great deal of fish activity though, can't really blame
> them the weather has been freezing!
>
> Anyone else been out and about in regional Vic in fresh water?
>
> Also, I found a cool site the other night, plenty of links to heaps of
> fishing related stuff here in Australia. Love the charters section,
> can't wait for the next lot of holidays!

Forgot to say, the site is:
http://www.fishinglinks.com.au

Lindsay
September 2nd, 2005, 02:32 PM
wrote:

> wrote:
> > Have been doing a little fishing of late round the Ballarat area. It
> > s good to see that the water level is rising again!

Funny you should say that.. :) I just spent last weekend up at my
mates farm at Dargo in NE Vic, and the river was flowing so fast, I
took one look at it, and didnt bother. That was Sunday.
Wednesday, it's risen 2.5 metres!

Thank God for rabbits, coz the fishing wasnt happening!!

Regards...

Lindsay

--
Scrap the 00 to post direct.

"We all should present legal cars. I'm embarrassed we've presented a car
that's ineligible." Mark Skaife, Chief Sook, HRT.12/11/04 (It must hurt
to say illegal!)

'Speed limit near schools lowered to 40 grams per student' - CNNNN

Bennyb
September 26th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Went out to wet a line on Sunday and found myself a big snake! He was
still moving a bit slow, so it gave me time to clean my pants out and
move my fishing gear!

Also saw that http://www.fishinglinks.com.au has a new theme! looking
good!

September 26th, 2005, 12:07 PM
On 26 Sep 2005 03:32:25 -0700, "Bennyb" > wrote:

> Went out to wet a line on Sunday and found myself a big snake! He was
> still moving a bit slow, so it gave me time to clean my pants out and
> move my fishing gear!

A snake can be good bait for Murray Cod.

Lindsay
October 13th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Bennyb wrote:

> Went out to wet a line on Sunday and found myself a big snake! He was
> still moving a bit slow, so it gave me time to clean my pants out and
> move my fishing gear!

Mate got a couple of nice trout out of the Wonnangatta River, up
Dargo way last weekend...