PDA

View Full Version : Can it be? World record bass??

Bob La Londe
April 2nd, 2004, 12:30 AM
Looks like they took all the right steps. It certainly looks big enough in
the photo.

I keep telling you guys there are only three secrets.

Minnows
Minnows
Minnows

--
The Security Consultant
http://www.diycomponents.com

(928)782-9765 ofc
(928)782-7873 fax

"COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html
>
> This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would have
> given to have it landed on my lures!
> Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> COOL LURES
> The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
> www.coollures.com

COOLLURES
April 2nd, 2004, 12:30 AM
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html

This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would have
given to have it landed on my lures!
Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....

Jeff

--
COOL LURES
The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
www.coollures.com

Avery Faile
April 2nd, 2004, 12:37 AM
Caught by Mr Deliar on Fiction Lake. And what's today's date???

"COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html
>
> This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would have
> given to have it landed on my lures!
> Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> COOL LURES
> The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
> www.coollures.com

Andrew Kidd
April 2nd, 2004, 12:47 AM

"Avery Faile" > wrote in message
> Caught by Mr Deliar on Fiction Lake. And what's today's date???

....and if that ain't enough, click to enlarge the picture and have a look at
what the shirt this guy is wearing says! :-)
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!

John Kerr
April 2nd, 2004, 01:03 AM
APRIL FOOLS! Big fish, but no where near that weight <g>
JK

Joe Z
April 2nd, 2004, 01:26 AM
Good catch Andrew. You saved me from forwarding the link to a bunch buddies.
Thanks!!! Joe Z.
"Andrew Kidd" > wrote in message
> "COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> > http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html
> >
> > This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would have
> > given to have it landed on my lures!
> > Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....

"Avery Faile" > wrote in message
> Caught by Mr Deliar on Fiction Lake. And what's today's date???

....and if that ain't enough, click to enlarge the picture and have a look at
what the shirt this guy is wearing says! :-)
--
Andrew Kidd
http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!
http://www.rofb.net/ - ROFB Newsgroup Home

Mike in GA
April 2nd, 2004, 02:02 AM
I can't wait for Mr. Caper's report on the identity of the fish.

--
Mike

"Andrew Kidd" > wrote in message
> > "COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> > > http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html
> > >
> > > This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would
have
> > > given to have it landed on my lures!
> > > Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....
>
> "Avery Faile" > wrote in message
> > Caught by Mr Deliar on Fiction Lake. And what's today's date???
>

> ...and if that ain't enough, click to enlarge the picture and have a look
at
> what the shirt this guy is wearing says! :-)
> --
> Andrew Kidd
> http://www.amiasoft.com/ - Software for the rest of us!
> http://www.rofb.net/ - ROFB Newsgroup Home

Sensei
April 2nd, 2004, 02:49 AM
Its April 1st.........

"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
s.com...
> Looks like they took all the right steps. It certainly looks big enough
in
> the photo.
>
> I keep telling you guys there are only three secrets.
>
> Minnows
> Minnows
> Minnows
>

> --
> The Security Consultant
> http://www.diycomponents.com
> Bob La Londe - Owner
> 849 S Ave C
> Yuma, Az 85364
>
> (928)782-9765 ofc
> (928)782-7873 fax
>

> "COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> > http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html
> >
> > This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would have
> > given to have it landed on my lures!
> > Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > --
> > COOL LURES
> > The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
> > www.coollures.com

Crownliner
April 2nd, 2004, 04:57 AM
read his shirt. it says april fools.

crownliner

"COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html
>
> This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would have
> given to have it landed on my lures!
> Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> COOL LURES
> The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
> www.coollures.com

dvito
April 2nd, 2004, 06:01 AM
Thats a good one...

"COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html
>
> This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would have
> given to have it landed on my lures!
> Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....
>
> Jeff
>
> --
> COOL LURES
> The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
> www.coollures.com

Calif Bill
April 2nd, 2004, 07:15 AM
And the logo on the shirt is April fool.

"Sensei" > wrote in message
> Its April 1st.........
>
> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> s.com...
> > Looks like they took all the right steps. It certainly looks big enough
> in
> > the photo.
> >
> > I keep telling you guys there are only three secrets.
> >
> > Minnows
> > Minnows
> > Minnows
> >

> > --
> > The Security Consultant
> > http://www.diycomponents.com
> > Bob La Londe - Owner
> > 849 S Ave C
> > Yuma, Az 85364
> >
> > (928)782-9765 ofc
> > (928)782-7873 fax
> >

> > "COOLLURES" > wrote in message
> > > http://www.bigfishtackle.com/bass_record_press_release.html
> > >
> > > This was sent to me by BIG FISH, Talk about a lunker! What I would
have
> > > given to have it landed on my lures!
> > > Funny thing is, it was taken on live bait....
> > >
> > > Jeff
> > >
> > > --
> > > COOL LURES
> > > The Lures that put FISH on ICE!
> > > www.coollures.com

J Buck
April 2nd, 2004, 07:59 AM
I went for it hook, line, sinker, AND rod til I clicked on the
thumbnail. Good one!

cutinbiat
April 2nd, 2004, 09:31 AM
They actual have seven clues listed on the site:

1) Rollick C.A.- Is not a real place. The definition of Rollick is to "play
or romp around"

2) Last name "Deliar" is a play on "The Liar", (seemed to be the most
obvious, we were worried this might be to obvious)

3) Fiction Lake- Is not a real lake and everyone knows what fiction means
(2nd most common clue people got)

4) Last name "Caper", (not many people caught this one and this was another
one we were worried about)

5) No such agency called CA. Museum of Natural Resources (at least not that
we know of)

6) April Fools logo on the sweatshirt when you enlarge the photo (not nearly
as many people caught this as we thought would, some said they were way to
busy admiring the fish) The fish was actually only 8 and half pounds, thank
you to Sean for the fine work in Photoshop!!! Many people said it looked
totally legit!

7) The date April 1 (some people new this before even going to the page but
most said they forgot it was April Fools Day)

Did anyone notice the VERY SMALL PRINT at the bottom that say's:

Note: The above information may be speculative, based on misinformation,
contain inaccurate data, or could be entirely fabricated depending on how
savvy the reader may be, what today's date is, or the degree of gullibility
exhibited by any reader of this release. In the case of a more savvy reader
there would be 7 clues to the fact that this release may in fact be of the
previously mentioned nature.