PDA

View Full Version : Jack Cabe hopper

Conan The Librarian
August 25th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Howdy ROFFians and ROFFTians,

Ran across this pattern on another forum, and from the picture it
looks like a Trude-style fly with a cream/tan overwing, red or orange
tail and heavy brown (or mixed grizzly and brown) hackle. What I can't
figure out is the body. From the pic at Yager's Flies it looks like
it's segmented; possibly foam: http://www.yagersflies.com/jacaho.html

Anyone have any experience using or tying this fly? (It originated
in NC, but it looks like it's gotten popular out west too.)

I know I could just buy some from Yager's, but I figured it'd be
more fun to get input from y'all.

Chuck Vance

Harry
August 25th, 2005, 03:34 PM
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:24:21 -0500, Conan The Librarian
> wrote:

>Howdy ROFFians and ROFFTians,
>
> Ran across this pattern on another forum, and from the picture it
>looks like a Trude-style fly with a cream/tan overwing, red or orange
>tail and heavy brown (or mixed grizzly and brown) hackle. What I can't
>figure out is the body. From the pic at Yager's Flies it looks like
>it's segmented; possibly foam: http://www.yagersflies.com/jacaho.html
>
> Anyone have any experience using or tying this fly? (It originated
>in NC, but it looks like it's gotten popular out west too.)
>
> I know I could just buy some from Yager's, but I figured it'd be
>more fun to get input from y'all.
>

> Chuck Vance

Like you said looks more like an attractor than a hopper pattern...