PDA

View Full Version : Smartbaits

Bob Hewitt
August 25th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Hi, All,

OK, I know this stuff is designed to catch fishermen, not fish, but has
anyone used any of the smartbait products?

That's right, I've just bought some! It's strange, but if you listen very
carefully, you can still hear the tiny voice saying 'buy me, buy me' even
over the internet. Take this as a warning and switch your sound off when
browsing tackle shops!

Bob Hewitt

islander
August 30th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Bob Hewitt wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> OK, I know this stuff is designed to catch fishermen, not fish, but has
> anyone used any of the smartbait products?
>
> That's right, I've just bought some! It's strange, but if you listen very
> carefully, you can still hear the tiny voice saying 'buy me, buy me' even
> over the internet. Take this as a warning and switch your sound off when
> browsing tackle shops!
>
> Bob Hewitt

islander
August 30th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Does the silence on this one mean no one's tried it or no one's caught
with it. I tried Fish'n'Strips several times with no luck ... probably
my bad technique or there were no fish out there! I want to hear that
it worked for someone to encourage me to try again. I've tested a few
and they seem tastier than metal spinners and plastic eels ... and much
much more digestable than rotting crab. Are there any fish out there
willing to voice their opinion?

Derek
August 30th, 2005, 09:43 PM
"islander" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Does the silence on this one mean no one's tried it or no one's caught
> with it. I tried Fish'n'Strips several times with no luck ... probably
> my bad technique or there were no fish out there! I want to hear that
> it worked for someone to encourage me to try again. I've tested a few
> and they seem tastier than metal spinners and plastic eels ... and much
> much more digestable than rotting crab. Are there any fish out there
> willing to voice their opinion?
My lass has bought some (peeler) but we will be trying it out in a couple of
weeks off Gimlet rock hopefully I will be snagging a few real peeler for
comparison
Derek

Keith M
August 31st, 2005, 12:01 PM
Derek
Is this an insight into your diet Derek.
I know that you are well versed in all things fishy and the best way to test
is to try so now I'm seriously I'm worried for your health!
Give my regards to Hughie
Keith M

"Derek" > wrote in message

> "islander" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Does the silence on this one mean no one's tried it or no one's caught
>> with it. I tried Fish'n'Strips several times with no luck ... probably
>> my bad technique or there were no fish out there! I want to hear that
>> it worked for someone to encourage me to try again. I've tested a few
>> and they seem tastier than metal spinners and plastic eels ... and much
>> much more digestable than rotting crab. Are there any fish out there
>> willing to voice their opinion?
> My lass has bought some (peeler) but we will be trying it out in a couple
> of
> weeks off Gimlet rock hopefully I will be snagging a few real peeler for
> comparison
> Derek

Derek
August 31st, 2005, 01:11 PM

"Keith M" > wrote in message
> Derek
> Is this an insight into your diet Derek.
> I know that you are well versed in all things fishy and the best way to
test
> is to try so now I'm seriously I'm worried for your health!
> Give my regards to Hughie
> Keith M

lol snagging (collecting) not snacking I prefer my edible crabs dressed with
a nice salad whos Hughie tho?
Derek