PDA

View Full Version : Okeechobee Countdown

Moe Conway
April 2nd, 2004, 04:40 PM
If you plan on coming to the Southern Classic, be sure to register on the site.
If you don't register, don't worry we will make room for you. Everybody is
welcome, but we would just like to have an idea on how many to expect. We will
be having a cookout Thursday night at the Pier 2 Motel which will include gator
for those of you that enjoy such things. If you plan on bringing anything for
the cookout, please let me know. We will draw for day 1 partners at this time
and go over the rules. Any gift packs will be given out then and we will have a
drawing for some great donations. The festivities will start at 5:30 PM.

Okeechobee does have a slot limit, all fish between 13 and 18 inches must be
released and you can only keep 1 fish over 22 inches. We do have exemption
cards for the tournament and we will hand these out at the ramp Friday morning.
You must carry this card with you in order to keep slot fish for the weigh in.
The card is good for both tournament days but not for practice. Wives,
girlfriends (please don't bring both) and children are welcome at all the
events planned and are more than welcome to fish with us.

If you need help with reservations or directions email Doc, He will be more
than glad to help you. I will be back in Okeechobee Monday or Tuesday and will
post both my cell number and home phone for you to contact me when you get in.
A lot of the contestants will be arriving Tuesday and should be at the Motel
that night. If you need a ride to prefish there should be plenty of boats
available -- both Steve and I can take at least 2 others with us. I do plan on
fishing every day prior to the tournament and we may convoy one day to the
famed Stick Marsh if anyone is interested. I looking forward to seeing old
friends and meeting some new ones.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.

Charles Summers
April 2nd, 2004, 05:10 PM
YES...YES... Stick Marsh!!! This is going to be the Ultimate Florida
Experience.... hehe..

What the State Record? LOL

BTW: I'll be there Tuesday night and on the water Wednesday morning.

"Moe Conway" > wrote in message
> If you plan on coming to the Southern Classic, be sure to register on the
site.
> If you don't register, don't worry we will make room for you. Everybody is
> welcome, but we would just like to have an idea on how many to expect. We
will
> be having a cookout Thursday night at the Pier 2 Motel which will include
gator
> for those of you that enjoy such things. If you plan on bringing anything
for
> the cookout, please let me know. We will draw for day 1 partners at this
time
> and go over the rules. Any gift packs will be given out then and we will
have a
> drawing for some great donations. The festivities will start at 5:30 PM.
>
> Okeechobee does have a slot limit, all fish between 13 and 18 inches must
be
> released and you can only keep 1 fish over 22 inches. We do have exemption
> cards for the tournament and we will hand these out at the ramp Friday
morning.
> You must carry this card with you in order to keep slot fish for the weigh
in.
> The card is good for both tournament days but not for practice. Wives,
> girlfriends (please don't bring both) and children are welcome at all the
> events planned and are more than welcome to fish with us.
>
> If you need help with reservations or directions email Doc, He will be
more
> than glad to help you. I will be back in Okeechobee Monday or Tuesday and
will
> post both my cell number and home phone for you to contact me when you get
in.
> A lot of the contestants will be arriving Tuesday and should be at the
Motel
> that night. If you need a ride to prefish there should be plenty of boats
> available -- both Steve and I can take at least 2 others with us. I do
plan on
> fishing every day prior to the tournament and we may convoy one day to the
> famed Stick Marsh if anyone is interested. I looking forward to seeing old
> friends and meeting some new ones.
>
> --
> The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
> trade-in value.
> Good Fishing - Moe
> Moe's Guide Service (Lake Okeechobee) - http://moebassguide.com
> Outdoor Frontiers http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/index

John Kerr
April 3rd, 2004, 01:29 AM
I am starting to feel sorry I didn't break some commitments and attend
this great event! I have been sittin here trying to figure out some
"magical" way to get out of those commitments, and fly down.....I guess
I'm just dreaming <grin>. Is "envy" allowed?
JK

Moe Conway
April 3rd, 2004, 01:56 AM
>I am starting to feel sorry I didn't break some commitments and attend
>this great event! I have been sittin here trying to figure out some
>"magical" way to get out of those commitments, and fly down.....I guess
>I'm just dreaming <grin>. Is "envy" allowed?
>JK

Wave the wand John, wave the wand.

--
The most precious thing we have is life, yet it has absolutely no
trade-in value.
Good Fishing - Moe
Moe's Guide Service (Lake Okeechobee) - http://moebassguide.com
Outdoor Frontiers http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com/index