PDA

View Full Version : For Osmo, Riverman and others

August 31st, 2005, 09:16 PM
Hi guys,

I haven't been writing on roff for a long time. Not because you're all
such unbearable characters that I can't stand you ;-) just because I
haven't had the time.
I took on the project management of an international project with an
international group of people going to Japan to verify the
implementation of a Japanese government directive, regarding their
mobile phone systems, called MNP (Mobile Number Portability).
Ever since, I haven't had any time to read the posts on roff,
hopefully that will change now that I'm going to Japan (a month later
than planned due to additional functionality being implemented).
Thinking that I will have more time during the execution phase of the
project might seem illogical, but since my kids will, during that time,
live with their mother instead of with me I'm quite hopeful that this
will be the case.
Anyway, I'm leaving on the 9th of September and I'm hoping that
I'll get to end my 4 =BD month stay in Japan with a trip to New
Zeeland. Myron, are you still interested?
Osmo, I hope everything is going well with the training of your dog.
Sadly for me, I miss out on most of the hunting season and also most of
my chances to do some serious training of my dog.
The rest of you guys that I've met and/or spoken too, good to see
that so many of you still are on roff. This since it means that my plan
to fish in one of the US claves next year might give me an opportunity
to see some of you again. Didn't get to do all that much fishing this
year, due to the PM responsibilities, but did at least get to fish with
Vaughan, Erik and Fred (names that the Lapland clavers will recognize).
I'll try to start paying attention to this news group again, but
responding through Google might have some delays.

/Roger

Osmo Jauhiainen
August 31st, 2005, 09:31 PM
Roger,

Thank you! Now we know that you are still alive!

Really nice to hear from you.

We should get the papers for Lare, our GWP puppy ready
for travelling to Sweden. We got the id chip installed last
spring. I really hope that the visit in Are will give a great
chance to train Lare. We still have seasons available
in the future to hunt and fish together. And I hope that Lare
will be able to help us with hunting at that time.

Take care!

OsmoJ

> wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi guys,

Mike
September 1st, 2005, 04:19 AM
Well glad to hear from you my Viking friend.........I figured it would
take a Viking or a handyman to get that mobile number portability thing
going.......Take a month off come back to Penns and then do the western
clave after that..........

riverman
September 1st, 2005, 11:37 AM
wrote:

> Anyway, I'm leaving on the 9th of September and I'm hoping that
> I'll get to end my 4 =BD month stay in Japan with a trip to New
> Zeeland. Myron, are you still interested?

We were wondering if you had fallen off the edge of the earth! Yeah,
I'm definately still interested. And let' try to cross paths sometime
before then in this hemisphere, too.

Gotta rush right now. More later.

--M

riverman
September 1st, 2005, 11:37 AM
wrote:

> Anyway, I'm leaving on the 9th of September and I'm hoping that
> I'll get to end my 4 =BD month stay in Japan with a trip to New
> Zeeland. Myron, are you still interested?

We were wondering if you had fallen off the edge of the earth! Yeah,
I'm definately still interested. And let' try to cross paths sometime
before then in this hemisphere, too.

Gotta rush right now. More later.

--M

William Claspy
September 1st, 2005, 02:50 PM
On 8/31/05 4:16 PM, in article
. com, "
> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I haven't been writing on roff for a long time. Not because you're all
> such unbearable characters that I can't stand you ;-) just because I
> haven't had the time.

Understandable, Roger, but be sure not to get on projects like that anymore,
OK?

Happy trails, and I for one am looking forward to that New Zealand trip
report!

Bill

September 2nd, 2005, 10:58 AM
riverman skrev:

> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I'm leaving on the 9th of September and I'm hoping that
> > I'll get to end my 4 =BD month stay in Japan with a trip to New
> > Zeeland. Myron, are you still interested?
> >

> We were wondering if you had fallen off the edge of the earth! Yeah,
> I'm definately still interested. And let' try to cross paths sometime
> before then in this hemisphere, too.

Definitely, I'll send you an email once I've settled myself in Tokyo.

/Roger

September 2nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
No chance in hell I'm doing such a big project again. It's affecting my
way of living, something that I knew it would, but when it starts
affecting my time at fishing and hunting it has gone tooooooo far ;-)

/Roger
Unless, of course, the next project is in New Zeeland, Iceland,
Argentina or hmmm well you get my point

riverman
September 3rd, 2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about affecting your way of living.
Sometimes things sound pretty good, and the thought of the changes in
lifestyle seem like a relatively minor deal. Then, however, when they
are actually happening, its a very BIG deal.

The next stage is worse, so watch out for it. Slowly (or not so
slowly), the 'temporary lifestyle' you accepted, the one that impinged
on your old way of life, grows to become your new lifestyle, and it
gets harder and harder to get back to the old ways. It sneaks up on you
very cleverly, like that few extra pounds that subtley becomes part of
you rather than some temporary thing hanging off of you.

My advice, from someone who has been led far far away from his 'way of
life'.....don't stray, don't delay. Get your ass back in the center of
how you want to live as soon as you can. You're already living on the
wrong side of the danger zone, and the changes are taking place...

-riverman