PDA

View Full Version : Back in Business--sort of?

Guyz-N-Flyz
September 1st, 2005, 02:18 AM
Well I took 'trippers advice and disassembled my mighty Dell. With Manual
in hand, I checked to see what they suggested. After casting Manual aside,
I began stripping off the outer trim of the keyboard. Once I removed the
trim and disconnected the ribbon strips, I removed the two screws that hold
the upper section of the keyboard in place. I then disco-nnected* the
keyboard ribbon.

As my memory is poor, I retrieved a large piece of cardboard instructions
that came with the 'puter and placed strips of Scotch tape on it and then
pulled each of the key pads from their micro switches (?). I then filled
the bathroom sink with warm water. I then submersed the keyboard in the
water and brushed it lightly with a used toothbrush. I then set it under
the living-room ceiling fan, in such a way that air would circulate
thoroughly around the entire keyboard.

I went back to the back to the bathroom sink to wash the keypads,
individually.

Well all is not well!

Will have to let it set longer or buy new
keyboard.This is what I get when I...

Ok, this is two days after I got hung up in the last sentence above.

Still havin' some difficulties with the letter "n", but seems ok other than
that?

Mark

daytripper
September 1st, 2005, 03:41 AM
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:18:35 -0400, "Guyz-N-Flyz" >
wrote:
[snipped]

>Will have to let it set longer or buy new
>keyboard.This is what I get when I...
>
>Ok, this is two days after I got hung up in the last sentence above.
>
>Still havin' some difficulties with the letter "n", but seems ok other than
>that?
>
>Mark

Quite a few n's in those two last sentences :-)

Might need to go back some day and give the N key position some special
attention, but to get this far, ya already done good, Mark.

/daytripper

Mike
September 1st, 2005, 03:49 AM
I had faith in ya Opie....That "n" will come around sooner or later.....

Guyz-N-Flyz
September 2nd, 2005, 02:05 AM
"daytripper" > wrote in message

> Quite a few n's in those two last sentences :-)
>
> Might need to go back some day and give the N key position some special
> attention, but to get this far, ya already done good, Mark.
>
> /daytripper

Actually, things ain't doin' so good :~^(

Oh well, I'll complete my swap obligation and then I'll be off-line
indefinitely.

Take care,

Mark

Guyz-N-Flyz
September 2nd, 2005, 02:07 AM
"Mike" > wrote in message
ps.com...
>I had faith in ya Opie....That "n" will come around sooner or later.....

Thanks Mike. I've always liked tinkerin', but I'm afraid this may be over
my head a bit.

Back to ATVing, I guess.

take care!

Mark

Marty McFly
September 8th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Sounds pretty labor intensive Mark. They're available at thrift stores for
about $4 US.Less if you dicker.Monies do go to a good cause.MM