PDA

View Full Version : Deal

Keith M
September 2nd, 2005, 04:12 PM
Fished Deal last night and caught my first ever Bream.
Loads of them all about 6 to 10" long.
After the first one I put my big rod away and used the carp tod with 1 oz of
lead..
Brilliant fun and all returned alive.
Keith M

Christopher Wildman
September 2nd, 2005, 09:20 PM
"Keith M" > wrote in message
> Fished Deal last night and caught my first ever Bream.
> Loads of them all about 6 to 10" long.
> After the first one I put my big rod away and used the carp tod with 1 oz
> of lead..
> Brilliant fun and all returned alive.
> Keith M

I need more info, Red or Black?
What bait was doing the best?
Beach or Pier?
If Beach, where?

I used to live in Deal, my Dad still does, though I moved tPlymouth 'cause
the Royal Navy insisted. Now a civvy, I am a charter skipper (SHARKER II)
and I have had several parties who want to catch some.

On the boat down here the best seems to be a very thin sliver of Mackeral on
a small hook, presented on a 6 ft trace, flying collar style. A slow
retieve will hook a Pouting nearly everytime, but just occaisionally, bingo
a Black Bream - though sizes have been on the small to tiny side.

Been plagued by Whiting lately, though these are eatable - they have even
taken mackeral flappers intended for Conger!

Conger fishing has been good in numbers, though not many big eels this year
so far, but next neap tides........

Pollack have been good sport and the bonus Cod have come to the boat in
resonable numbers. If the wrecks aren't holding the reefs are and
vice-versa

Mackeral for bait have been a bit hit and miss, loads one day, none the
next, there have been days when more are to be had on the wreck than on the
usual bait stop marks.

Been reading the group for over 3 years but don't post as it may seem like
advertising - so no contact details and I will not take bookings from the
group, no offence intended. I hate spammers as does everyone else.

Looking forward to your answers,

Chris W.

Keith M
September 10th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Chris
Appologies for late answer, I've been on hols and thats another story ( see
new post)
The bream were Black, all caught on lug, in the gutter, about 100m W of the
Castle
All I've heard of the pier is small whiting.

.. .