PDA

View Full Version : beach casting

jerry sallis
September 4th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Does anybody know of anyone that gives casting tuition around west sussex
area. thanks jerry

--

Thoy
September 5th, 2005, 03:28 PM

Is life more technical now :-))

Thoy

"jerry sallis" > wrote in message
> Does anybody know of anyone that gives casting tuition around west sussex
> area. thanks jerry
>
> --

Figment
September 6th, 2005, 07:15 PM

"Thoy" > wrote in message
> In my day you uses a bamboo rod and stood with your back to the
> beach..after a couple of swings you bunged it over you shoulder and
> turned..........Usually good got 200 feet or so...
>
> Is life more technical now :-))
>
> Thoy

That's about 66 yards then, not a lot by todays standards.

PeeWee
September 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Jerry,

Contact Sea Angler magazine, as they will tell you who is a registered
insructor in your area, Casting tuition really will help you improve
distance with a lot less effort! have a look at our casting page at
http://www.castandcatch.com/casting/casting.htm or browse around the
casting section of the forum at
http://www.castandcatch.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33

Best of luck