PDA

View Full Version : why bother??

Thomas Littleton
September 5th, 2005, 11:17 PM
I was going to post a TR, about a 4 hour run to the Tulpehocken that yielded
a couple trout under gin-clear water conditions, but then the Pirate regales
us with tales of big fish and diarrhea in far-off Russia. Geez, I seem so
second-rate!! Suffice it to say, it was good to be out on a stream for the
first time since June, my bum ankle held up quite well, now maybe the autumn
at Penn's may be fruitful.
Tom

Dave LaCourse
September 5th, 2005, 11:21 PM
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:17:23 GMT, "Thomas Littleton"
> wrote:

>I was going to post a TR, about a 4 hour run to the Tulpehocken that yielded
>a couple trout under gin-clear water conditions, but then the Pirate regales
>us with tales of big fish and diarrhea in far-off Russia. Geez, I seem so
>second-rate!!

I doubt you will ever be second-rate, Tom. Funny, but my post didn't
show up on my server.

Please, post your report. I'd like to read it.

Dave

Thomas Littleton
September 6th, 2005, 02:01 AM
"Dave LaCourse" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 22:17:23 GMT, "Thomas Littleton"
> > wrote:
>
> >I was going to post a TR, about a 4 hour run to the Tulpehocken that
yielded
> >a couple trout under gin-clear water conditions, but then the Pirate
regales
> >us with tales of big fish and diarrhea in far-off Russia. Geez, I seem so
> >second-rate!!
>
> I doubt you will ever be second-rate, Tom. Funny, but my post didn't
> show up on my server.
>
> Please, post your report. I'd like to read it.
>
> Dave

Nothing much to speak of, actually, David. The water locally is low, slow
and gin-clear. Herons are working the edges,and the trout, which are pretty
visible, are laying low. Every so often, they will move into the current to
nab something. #22 Adams midges seemed to be close enough to "something" to
fool a couple, but they were the smaller, stupider members of the
population. No tricos in any number, a few tan and cream caddis about, a few
midges and some little olive mayflies as well. We could use a good, cool
rainy stretch, which, if form holds, will occur precisely when I arrive at
Penns in a couple weeks and continue through the 4 days I am there,
rendering fishing challenges of the wet kind!
Tom