PDA

View Full Version : Spider Wire

Galen Zink
April 4th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Any of you guys use the Spider Wire braided line?

How does it cast?

I do alot of bass fishing on this certain lake where theres ALOT of
pike. And I get alot of bite-offs from the pike while bass fishing.

I use monofilament right now, but was thinking of trying Spider Wire
because its supposed to me much tougher. But I also want it to cast well
too.

How does it work for casting/flipping worms, tubes and other plastics?

Does it have problems casting Rapalas and top water lures like the
Skitter Pop a good distance?

Thanks in advance.

April 5th, 2004, 12:53 AM
I use S-wire a lot. I use it for most of my jigging (worms, j/p,
weedless tubes , silver buddies ) & of course my rats & frogs in the
pads. I do not use it on crankbaits or open water topwater lures
because I like a little give in the line.